The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
On 3/15/2022 at 7:36 AM, Nick James said:

Anyone tuning in to Raw in 2022 and being surprised or disappointed that it's exactly the same as it has been for the last few years need to give up the hope. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Why have Bron lose Saturday and then win Monday on a non NXT Show?

They needed something interesting for “the Raw after Mania”. Because fuck all else happened.

1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

He's got to win the big one now, doesn't he? He'll be an absolute chump for the rest of his career if he doesn't. 

Vince probably plans to make an arse out of him further down the line.  He's a Runnels

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Perry said:

Vince probably plans to make an arse out of him further down the line.  He's a Runnels

I’d like to believe the return on investment required to make signing Cody worth it means they’re more likely to try pushing him properly rather than sell another bunch of Stardust figures.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I’d like to believe the return on investment required to make signing Cody worth it means they’re more likely to try pushing him properly rather than sell another bunch of Stardust figures.

My worry is that they promised Cody the world and really it is just a chance to upset Tony Khan. I hope to be proved wrong because whilst his AEW run was pretty poor bar a couple of matches, he's obviously capable and i think WWE fits him much better.

• Paid Members
Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

My worry is that they promised Cody the world and really it is just a chance to upset Tony Khan.

Is that worth spending the money? It’s hardly a “write Curt Hennig a Rumble cheque to screw the XWF” kind of outlay.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Is that worth spending the money? It’s hardly a “write Curt Hennig a Rumble cheque to screw the XWF” kind of outlay.

$30m. I read reports they have paid Cody $3.5 a year for his contract. Nicking one of the EVP's of your biggest rival, after him saying publicly he wanted to remain at AEW and as an EVP for the rest of his career, is priceless surely.

• Paid Members

This weekend Tony Khan signed Samoa Joe, having recently signed CM Punk and Bryan Danielson. I think he'll be able to hold back the dark thoughts that Average Cody Rhodes has left.

Good promo though.

• Paid Members

I wonder whether Cody will get something of a push to try and entice some of the other younger AEW guys to jump ship. If they can get MJF or Wardlow to jump as well, and give them something resembling a decent push it could be a nice way of undermining little tone, or even if they can try and get him to start paying some bigger money for people to get them to stay. Cody has already said that if anybody from AEW reaches out to him about jumping ship. He'll give them "honest advice" about it. That's got to be worth something to Vince as well. 

The problem is that it's Cody Rhodes, and eventually the smoke and mirrors (pun intended) will fall away and people will get bored of his stuff, like they did in AEW, and likely turn on him. Mind you, Vince can hide that on TV with bucket loads of crowd sweetening, so I guess the real proof of the pudding will be when his merch sales start dropping off. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

15 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Especially considering a few months prior he was in promos for that years 2K game with an awesome orchestral reworking of his Crow theme!

You just reminded me that theme and I went back and listened to it. It was fucking amazing. Whatever possessed them to not use that and instead make up some new theme?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Whatever possessed them to not use that and instead make up some new theme?

Not even new. A shit old theme of Taker and Big Show from 1999.