The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

6 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Supposedly Austin v Owens is still planned, but 4 weeks out from the show you would think having one of the biggest stars in the history of the business wrestling his first match in nearly 20 years would be featured a lot more. I don’t care what the match ends up being in terms of smoke & mirrors, but it’s Stone Cold Steve Austin, the biggest star of everyone’s beloved Attitude Era, wrestling a match for last time. That should be one of the main draws for the show, not something that gets added/confirmed at the last minute

Unless he turns up on the last Raw telling Owens that he'll see him at Mania. As someone else pointed out it's going to be something similar to that Cena/Taker match.

Speaking of Mania, I find it odd that they're having both women's title matches on Night 1.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, ThommoLincs said:

Jenna Morasca?

techincally it was her best and worst match.

@Chris B is probably right. Not only that, but he had had the perfect last match in his retirement at Mania and then had that Saudi match. Flair and Hogan's last matches weren't as bad as that one was. Although if he never wrestles again, (which is unlikely with his age, but who knows) Bray Wyatt's last match was an absolute stinker as well.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Pinc said:

I tend to think the Boneyard was a load of arse as well to be honest, but I gather most people liked it.

I don't even consider it a match really, though officially it is. But as the era of cinematic matches goes, it was good not great.

Twitter has got itself into a right tiz about the MSG show tonight, where Lesnar is due to fight an unnamed opponent of Heyman’s choosing.

Ticket sales before they announced Lesnar were tracking to be their worst ever MSG gate, so I expect this is just them seeding bullshit stories to try and get some walk-up business - but worth keeping an eye on I guess.

11 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Twitter has got itself into a right tiz about the MSG show tonight, where Lesnar is due to fight an unnamed opponent of Heyman’s choosing.

Ticket sales before they announced Lesnar were tracking to be their worst ever MSG gate, so I expect this is just them seeding bullshit stories to try and get some walk-up business - but worth keeping an eye on I guess.

Considering how late the speculation started coming on Twitter, it's far more likely that Vince just didn't even know what he was booking at that point.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Perry said:

So now Meltzer is saying that Austin has no plans to wrestle at Mania. 

Although a "confrontation" with Owens will happen. 

“You see Vince, the name on the contract does say Austin. But not Steve Austin…”

05FDB45B-23AF-4A52-9DE4-EE368568C6A9.webp