The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I’ve only just clocked that three mornings after Edge vs AJ Styles was confirmed for Mania with the former turning heel in the process, and nobody has been interested enough to come into the thread and talk about it. Speaks volumes, doesn’t it? I’m torn, as a Hall of Famer/returner from long term injury, the goodwill Edge has means there’s an air of “this won’t last” about trying to make him a bad guy. On the other hand, someone has to be the heel to make the match, 95% of the time you need a clear face/heel dynamic with very few exceptions.

On 1/6/2022 at 8:23 AM, air_raid said:

Anyway, the real reason I’m in this thread is to ask ; did WWE do an episode of TV where champions lost a non-title match? Yes they did.

Garth-Crooks.jpg

• Paid Members

Saw Booker T on Instagram talking about Kevin Owens. Red Herring, possibly. Or is the Austin speculation looking more like bollocks leaked out to sell tickets and it's really going to be Booker, Shawn or Taker instead? Any hints on the actual TV that it could be Austin? 

4 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Saw Booker T on Instagram talking about Kevin Owens. Red Herring, possibly. Or is the Austin speculation looking more like bollocks leaked out to sell tickets and it's really going to be Booker, Shawn or Taker instead? Any hints on the actual TV that it could be Austin? 

Supposedly Austin v Owens is still planned, but 4 weeks out from the show you would think having one of the biggest stars in the history of the business wrestling his first match in nearly 20 years would be featured a lot more. I don’t care what the match ends up being in terms of smoke & mirrors, but it’s Stone Cold Steve Austin, the biggest star of everyone’s beloved Attitude Era, wrestling a match for last time. That should be one of the main draws for the show, not something that gets added/confirmed at the last minute

• Paid Members

Yeah that's how I see it. If that's 100% solid and in the bag, it should be all over the advertising. That it isn't, gives me all kind of doubts that it is actually happening. 

Surely if they were having austin vs owens he would have made an appearance. It's 4 weeks out and that would be a huge match, not something that can just be thrown together a week before and expect it to have the attention and excitement it deserves

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Supposedly Austin v Owens is still planned, but 4 weeks out from the show you would think having one of the biggest stars in the history of the business wrestling his first match in nearly 20 years would be featured a lot more. I don’t care what the match ends up being in terms of smoke & mirrors, but it’s Stone Cold Steve Austin, the biggest star of everyone’s beloved Attitude Era, wrestling a match for last time. That should be one of the main draws for the show, not something that gets added/confirmed at the last minute

50 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Surely if they were having austin vs owens he would have made an appearance. It's 4 weeks out and that would be a huge match, not something that can just be thrown together a week before and expect it to have the attention and excitement it deserves

Who was it that was talking about @Echothe other day?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

It wouldn't surprise me if the Owens vs Austin "match" ends up as one of those "heel gets beaten up by a bunch of 'legends'" spots, with Owens taking finishers from Booker T, Shawn Michaels and JBL, and then Austin's music hitting for the "match".

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Owens vs Austin "match" ends up as one of those "heel gets beaten up by a bunch of 'legends'" spots, with Owens taking finishers from Booker T, Shawn Michaels and JBL, and then Austin's music hitting for the "match".

I had two teeth out last night including an impacted wisdom tooth. Right now I’m badly sleep deprived, in pain, hungry as fuck, thirsty as fuck and fed up of the taste of my own blood. But…. NOW I’m in a bad mood.

The Austin match has always felt wanted more than planned. If it was really happening it would have been set in motion. He’s a guy that people would travel to see. Giving 3 weeks notice for that says to me it’s not happening. 

I hope it doesn't happen at this point. Steve has the most fitting, least blemished Last Match of any wrestler in living memory. It would be a shame to tarnish that for a big match with a top guy on a three month build. It would be a travesty to do it for a thrown together match with Kevin bleedin' Owens.

Edited by Pinc

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Pinc said:

I hope it doesn't happen at this point. Steve has the most fitting, least blemished Last Match of any wrestler in living memory.

Who had the WORST last match in living memory? I’m going with Randy Savage.