The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, Supremo said:

I hope he has the tiniest plaster covering the bullet wound from where he was shot in the temple.

LOL.

IMG_8480.jpeg.658ab1785e867d54dda015381a9637c5.jpeg

The Wyatt Cinematic Universe always falls apart the moment you give it any thought. Finding a VHS Tape with the ramblings of a nutter sounds cool, but then it all falls apart when it’s a hyper-produced student art piece. They’ve given them an official Twitter account, for fuck’s sake. How do you get your head around that? Posting spooky videos from the swamp.

Not that any of it matters though. I’ve maintained for the longest time that for the people who do enjoy this stuff, any old shit will do. As long as you nail the aesthetic and make things spooky and ambiguous enough, they’ll gobble it up and fill in the gaps themselves. I’ve already seen tonnes of theories about whether Nikki Cross is Sister Abigail or whether the lantern represents Bray as their sixth member. It’s like writing in Easy Mode.

31 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Bo is utter shite, and exploiting Bray's death is beyond grim. 

Get in the bin. 

I was never much of a Bray fan but would argue he would probably love this and see it as a tribute rather than an exploitation. His family obviously does too - it’s hardly Eddie Guerrero stuff.

I enjoyed it but have to agree that it’s Bo Dallas after all so any idea of me staying interested for too long is probably out the window.

And as we've always said about the Bray stuff, and obviously this too, it'll always appeal to some and not to others. It was a really powerful piece and resonated with me. Sometimes it's just better to take things at face value and enjoy them for what they are. Not just with wrestling but other stuff too. The overthinking and overanalysing can be exhausting - I know, I've done it before with numerous things. They're never going to win over everyone, especially when you already thought the stuff beforehand was shit too.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Bo shitting Dallas

Would be a gimmick that would go over big time here. 

This spooky bollocks will only get spookier. It's like Vince Russo watched Most Haunted and took mushrooms. 

They missed a trick not having little lights in the end of those foam fingers. 

Pat was fine yesterday, H³ was on his show so it must be a choice not to have him on. 

7 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Would be a gimmick that would go over big time here. 

How would it work? Would it be that he never appears in the ring as he's busy squatting one out? He shits himself? Or my favourite that he chastises people for things like porcelain sitting, wiping the wrong way and not owning a squatty potty

• Paid Members

Let's not get too carried away about the logic behind Bo Dallas being himself but also Uncle Howdy or literally any part of it. We're talking about continuation of a story where we're supposed to believe that Bray Wyatt could physically count a pinfall as himself while pinning John Cena as The Fiend. Leave your logic at the wanking shed door.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, simonworden said:

How would it work? Would it be that he never appears in the ring as he's busy squatting one out? He shits himself? Or my favourite that he chastises people for things like porcelain sitting, wiping the wrong way and not owning a squatty potty

I see him as a chastiser in the vein you have set out but he also does things like fires a bum gun over the cubicle door at people who suggest that his shit really stinks and that when he is constipated he calls himself Bo "The Mathematician" Dallas because he has to work it out with a pencil. 

• Paid Members

We know it has the blessing of his family, and I know that some of the merch money is going to them as well. But did anyone stop to think why? I don't think anyone when Bray died said "But what about the story? What about Uncle Howdy? Now we'll never know". They could have just kept putting out merch, they could have had those guys on the roster in other roles. They didn't need to do more spooky bollocks instead. I saw the clip of Gable getting in the ring as it started filling up with smoke and just standing there, looking like an idiot until Nicki Cross turned up, the whole thing looked ridiculous. 

Still, Michael Cole explaining what a VHS tape was to the young viewers at home was pretty funny.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, simonworden said:

So far at work today I've been thinking about what the finisher could/would be called and have so far come up with: The Plop Drop

It's going to be a long day. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Lenin said:

So far at work today I've been thinking about what the finisher could/would be called and have so far come up with: The Plop Drop

Plop Drop? Sounds like Slop Drop. Who used the Slop Drop? Phineas Godwinn. Who did he become, and why? Mideon, when he was brainwashed by The Undertaker.

Who else liked to brainwash people? Bray Wyatt. Who did Bray Wyatt wrestle at Mania 31? The Undertaker.

The Undertaker did a cinematic match at Mania 36. Who else did a cinematic match at Mania 36? Bray Wyatt.

LORE~!!!11 Or.... Howdy vs Taker confirmed for Mania 41. Sapp's already drafting it, I can feel it.

32 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

We know it has the blessing of his family, and I know that some of the merch money is going to them as well. But did anyone stop to think why? 

The YouTube clip of their debut has 2.9M views and my lapsed friend - my own personal gauge of a breakthrough summer angle - sent me it last Tuesday on WhatsApp, so that'll do for me.

There was obviously a readable appetite for this stuff from the audience WWE market to and make money. Bo Dallas ain't ever getting a bigger shot at being on the side of a production truck than this. 

It's also totally nonsensical of course, and ripping holes in it is great fun and I hope it continues, but I feel like it should probably be thrown into these past few pages at some point that we're all analysing a whacky Wyatt angle and baking in a veiled sideway at other people who also analyse whacky Wyatt angles. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

And this is the thing, once you take more than a cursory glance at this stuff it's all cosplay noncery, 'would-be art students making movies' shite, trying to capture vibes.

Very true, but there's definitely a section of the audience who eat it up and exclaim "THIS IS CINEMA!". I'm guessing these people have never seen an actual film.