WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I downloaded and had a look at that Disney Speedstorm on my Switch last night. It's very predatory about trying to sell you alternate currencies now that it's free to play. Mind you that's Gameloft for you. The driving is fine, but you seem to have to grind to level up your driver's stats to a suitably competitive level, and the races all seem very confusing as there are multiple routes and tival AI cars will just turn up out of nowhere due to presumably some intense rubberbanding. I hear there's a lot of paying to win in the online ranked as well. I can't imagine how people must feel who paid £50 for it at launch and then had it turned into this. 

The Sonic racing games are probably the closest to this in terms of the reasonably simplistic driving mechanics, and much less predatory. I'd recommend giving them a look instead. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The Sonic racing games are probably the closest to this in terms of the reasonably simplistic driving mechanics, and much less predatory. I'd recommend giving them a look instead. 

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed was an absolutely cracking game. I've been toying with the idea of buying a 360 again and remembering this may have just swayed me.

Any recommendations for isometric hack-n-slash games on Xbox, PS4/PS5 or Steam? I’ve been playing Diablo 4, but I want something where the focus is more on the story rather than endgame levelling up stuff. I tried Baldur’s Gate 3, but wasn’t a fan of the combat. I basically want to play Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance over and over. I know Hades is very popular on here, but it’s not quite what I’m after.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Any recommendations for isometric hack-n-slash games on Xbox, PS4/PS5 or Steam? I’ve been playing Diablo 4, but I want something where the focus is more on the story rather than endgame levelling up stuff. I tried Baldur’s Gate 3, but wasn’t a fan of the combat. I basically want to play Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance over and over. I know Hades is very popular on here, but it’s not quite what I’m after.

Torchlight 2? I'd steer clear of the third game but 2 is an almost perfect dungeon crawler.

• Members
34 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Seemingly everywhere has PS5 deals but I haven't seen any for Switch just yet, I'll keep an eye out though.

Yeah saw a really good one this morning with EAFC24 (blame the 10yo) and that is tempting. But that'll be for the kids as well.

It's time Bacon got his own games console (RIP inherited 360, you need to go wiv da angles now)

Just picked up my free code for Robocop, and really looking forward to it.  It might replace Starfield for the time being as my attempts to romance Cora seem doomed to fail.