WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Tommy! said:

One is, as it says about DLC in the message, but the rest say something about subscribing to custom part number xxxxxxx. 

you need to find and subscribe to that custom part separately. On Steam, if you go to the CAW's workshop page you should get a breakdown of all the custom parts used (it's clearer in browser than in the app, IIRC), and you can subscribe to them there. If you're on console and using the website, I can't remember if you get that option, or if you just have to search for the part separately. 

• Paid Members

MLB The Show 22 went up on Gamepass today and I've had a quick go. I don't have much to say about the game yet but unless I missed them last year they seem to have added more basic casual options for Batting/Pitching meaning it can have a very arcade-y feel which I wanted.

In my practice match with the Mariners I got 3 home runs and won 8-0 in 3 innings whereas last year I struggled to even hit the ball half the time. I'm sure playing on Series S at 60fps compared to 30fps on the Xbox One has improved my game too though tbf.

4 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

MLB The Show 22 went up on Gamepass today and I've had a quick go. I don't have much to say about the game yet but unless I missed them last year they seem to have added more basic casual options for Batting/Pitching meaning it can have a very arcade-y feel which I wanted.

In my practice match with the Mariners I got 3 home runs and won 8-0 in 3 innings whereas last year I struggled to even hit the ball half the time. I'm sure playing on Series S at 60fps compared to 30fps on the Xbox One has improved my game too though tbf.

Just had a quick go. I tend to go for a more sim feel so didn’t hit any homers. Need to go through the mechanisms to match last year because batting seems to have changed, but while typing this out I think I know exactly what needs changing!

So there's a remastered version of Chrono Cross out today but they've somehow made the backgrounds look all muddy along with new bugs. Square are really bad at re-releases of old RPGs, so many of them are nothing but mobile ports shoved onto console and PC.

18 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I'm kind of hoping Rockstar are hands off and let Remedy do their thing.

Yeah it’ll be Remedy on development duties and Rockstar financing and publishing and given the hands off approach they took on their own remastered trilogy I think it’ll be a safe bet that they’ll let Remedy do their thing. Wonder if they’ll tie it in to their shared Remedy universe shit they’re doing.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Yeah it’ll be Remedy on development duties and Rockstar financing and publishing and given the hands off approach they took on their own remastered trilogy I think it’ll be a safe bet that they’ll let Remedy do their thing. Wonder if they’ll tie it in to their shared Remedy universe shit they’re doing.

From what I can remember Max was a thing within Alan Wake's universe so I'd think they'd add more links in the  remakes.

I’ve met Max Payne, well the face of, when I was working for Remedy a few years ago. On my first day in Helsinki I decided to use the sauna in the Remedy offices, and he was in there, bollock naked, with a laptop.

Remedy are such a nice bunch, I’d love to work on this project.