WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

@johnnyboy Does eFootball have a dedicated offline mode yet? Last time I played was about a year ago and the gameplay was a big improvement on the shambles that it was at release (but still nowhere near PES). But if you've got no interest in online play it offered virtually nothing else, you could play friendlies between about 8 teams and that was all.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

@johnnyboy Does eFootball have a dedicated offline mode yet?

Sort of.  Mini Dream Team competitions you can play against the computer.  Win X matches in a mini tournament to unlock a contract/coins/level ups type stuff.

If there's a more indepth master league-esque competition you can play against the computer I haven't come across it yet.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Sort of.  Mini Dream Team competitions you can play against the computer.  Win X matches in a mini tournament to unlock a contract/coins/level ups type stuff.

It's a shame it doesn't even have a bog-standard offline league mode.

I gave Fifa a try last year when it was free on PS Plus but thought it was shite so would love Pro Evo to make a proper comeback.

eFootball is still without a master league sadly. It's a shame because the actual base gameplay's great now and still easily thumps Fifa. As @johnnyboy said there's a bunch of competitions so if you're happy with bare bones offline gameplay in random matches there's no harm giving it a try as it's free, but for me it kind of feels like the offline mode of arena shooters like Quake III and Unreal Tournament years ago. Something stuck in there to sort of train you up on the actual, proper game of playing online by providing a simulation of it. Doesn't cut it. 

Many hours later and my little Chevy 4 wheeler can deal with anything in Snowrunner, took me ages to get all the upgrades I needed but now I'm travelling at like half a mile an hour almost fully underwater but it's still getting somewhere at last.

I'll feel bad when I final find the Hummer or something "better".

Xbox One X has arrived.  It’s HUGE!  Double height, like a vast black breeze block.  Largest console I’ve owned since the original Xbox.

Edit: Series X but what a stupid naming convention.

Edited by Loki

53 minutes ago, Loki said:

Xbox One X has arrived.  It’s HUGE!  Double height, like a vast black breeze block.  Largest console I’ve owned since the original Xbox.

The disk based PS5 is massive as well. 

Weighs a fucking ton, too. My arm was hanging off by the time I got home after buying it. 

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Xbox Series X, surely?

He’s in the industry dontchaknow, he’s unwittingly just revealed the next Microsoft console. However, until I see a pic of Carl Weathers helping him carry it from the Porsche to the house, I’ll remain sceptical. 

• Paid Members

I wasn't a huge fan of how MK11 played. I would guess there'll be a LOT of optimisation to get MK1 to play on Switch. From what I've seen of the game it does look pretty interesting, there looks like a mode that's like that Multiverse mode from Injustice 2 that people will be grinding through to unlock the customisation stuff for their characters. If theprice plummets in a sale and the Switch version gets decent reviews then maybe I'll give it a look.

31 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Wondering if anybody here has played MK1 yet (some people go for the premium version)? I especially want to know if the Switch version is good. I loved MK11 but that was porting a PS4 game, this is porting a PS4 game.

I haven't seen anything good yet about the Switch version to be honest.