Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

I'm up for watching Dubois knock out either Miller or Chisora. It's a good card on paper if it comes off and I have serious doubts it will end up taking place. Wilder and Joshua talk has been going on for far too long now. I can't say I'm too fussed by that fight anymore, if happens I'd watch but if not I won't lose any sleep over it. 

Certainly is chilly now hell has frozen over.

I guess the moral of the story is that Saudi money knows no bounds, but there’s some good stuff on the show to be fair. 

Dubois/Miller is the best fight, but I think there’s enough in Parker and Wallin as underdogs to stand the show up.

• Paid Members

it's one of the most batshit mental boxing cards ever. Obviously not having Wilder and AJ fight each other is the gripe and lots of people will shit on it for that. The actual fights they are in are solid and arguably too risky to be taking when the AJ/Wilder fight is clearly there to be made, and i'm fairly certain one of them will lose on the night.

The rest of it is just barmy. Just throw anything at the wall and see what sticks type matchmaking. This feels like the Boxing equivalent of a Pride FC New Years Eve card. AJ/Wilder situation aside, I love everything about this.

20231115_180736.thumb.jpg.3207f14b2cc49d5e04c7e0e20e5b5e36.jpg.b411d7f71d0d2670ba028a25358190ad.jpg

I still think Fury sneaks a decision, but no man alive has ever had Tyson more rattled/worried than Usyk.

Also, huge respect for Frank Warren - man has been written off for decades, yet is now arguably the kingmaker in, and lynchpin of, world boxing. I don’t know how he managed to become the Saudi’s hook-up, but I’m fairly sure he’s made more money in the last year than in the decade previous.