Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

Fury treating this as a foregone conclusion and piling the weight on is a massive mistake.

Neva seen him in this condition so close to fight time. 

It's unlikely but if Nganouu is fit and can go past 6, no way is fury not going to start gassing. Those knees and joints are going to thank him either! 

Ngannou is also a giant of a man

Not saying it will happen but I don't think even if your the best fighter in the world you can come in grosse shape and win 100/100.

• Paid Members

Nah Fury always looks doughy at best. I keep seeing that he’s in awful shape but he looks pretty much the same as he usually does to me. Definitely can’t see him gassing. He’s gonna be leaning on Francis and dictating the pace, making Francis miss all over the shop. It’s more likely Ngannou gasses if anyone does.

• Paid Members

Yeah, energy preservation in Boxing is a whole different type of thing to MMA. Fury is the best fighter in the division at fighting a steady pace he's comfortable at, he's also great and stepping on the gas when he feels the time is right. Francis is gonna drown quickly under that pressure, and i'm fairly certain any kind of threat he presents as a puncher disappears after about 3 rounds. Francis has to go for it, because there's no way he wins a straight boxing match here, but by doing so he almost resigns himself to the fact that's going to get beaten up and stopped if it doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

A big fat LOL at Hearn acting like Eubank Jr vs Benn is even in the same galaxy as Fury vs Usyk.

If Fury vs Usyk actually goes ahead on Dec 23 (I’ll believe it when I see it), it’s Eubank vs Benn that’ll be moving dates. I’m actually up for that fight but no-one’s gonna be watching that if these lads are fighting the same night. 

IMB_5PvaOj.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

It is solid but considering the talk for months was that it was finally gonna be AJ vs Wilder on that date, then when it got closer it became ‘oh well they’re fighting on the same card to hopefully set up a fight against each other next’. Just make the fucking fight! Sick to death of it now. Every time it’s almost there another hurdle gets placed in front of it. Not even exaggerating when I say I’ve developed grey in my beard since talk of AJ vs Wilder first started. It’s been years now.

Dec 23rd was originally supposed to be that monster double header of Fury vs Usyk and AJ vs Wilder. Obviously that always seemed like a pipedream but to go from that to Wilder vs Parker and AJ vs Wallin? 

IMG_8952.gif