Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Has Dubois got pictures of Frank or something. Gets beat by Joyce and takes a knee when in trouble, gets a title shot against Trevor Bryan, wins that, gets a proper world title shot against Usyk takes a knee again in defeat, and then gets on the biggest card of all time for a mega pay day against a bloke who will get popped for drugs, so even if he loses he wins. 

• 3 weeks later...

You know what I openly admit how much I hate Jake Paul but fuck me I cannot believe what he did last night and how impressive he looked against a professional boxer that knock out was perfectly executed and even before that he completely dominated the round with the Pro boxer landing nothing at all and Jake dictated and had constant pressure.

I might not like him but I cannot deny how blown away I was with his performance

• Paid Members

What a massive shock. The Clomafiend Conor Benn spent all his time calling out Devin Haney, Boots Ennis and Eubank Jr to get that big name to fight. Who has he ended up fighting, considering they were talking about Eubank at Tottenham in front of 70 thousand? 

That's right, Pete Dobson. Another Conor Benn opponent who can give you a lift home in his Uber after the fight. Obviously it's not at Tottenham, it's in Vegas. Watching Hearn spin this will be fun. 

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Apprently the plan is for the bigger fight (probably Mario Barrios) to be in April.

We've heard all this before with Benn though Eggers. The next fight is always the big fight, never the one he is actually fighting. 

• Paid Members

Good. It needs to happen. I hate this ‘the fight is signed BUT ______ has to win his next fight first’ bollocks we’re seeing more of these days though. I mean, I think Beterbiev beats Smith but it feels like tempting fate and we just saw it go tits up with the AJ vs Wilder thing. I get why they announce it because now it adds interest to Beterbiev vs Smith with the Bivol fight hanging there. But I wish they didn’t do this counting chickens before they hatch shite 😂

• 2 weeks later...