Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

Tyson fury is out of the fight with Usyk he's suffered a cut on his eye on training.

Jesus at this stage of your Usyk your going to be fucking raging and feeling like your never getting the title shot you deserve and have been owed for years now.

What does this mean for the winner of Francis Vs AJ now then just straight up winner gets Usyk next 

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

this is some bullshit.

As for the fight, they'll just push it back and reschedule. No reason to bin off the fight comepletely.

Scratch that, sounds like they are looking to move ahead with Usyk vs. Hrgovic on the 17th.

• Paid Members

Yep. Saw something about Fury vs Usyk possibly being rescheduled for the summer but then also that they’re probably doing the Hrgovic fight on the 17th now. Again, like with the AJ vs Wilder thing where Parker messed it up, this could be a case of counting the chickens before they hatch. Not that I expect Hrgovic to beat Usyk but it’s still an unnecessary hurdle and obstacle in the way of the fight we need to see. What if Usyk gets a nasty cut against Hrgovic or something? It just feels like tempting fate again.

Also, we’re on about Tyson Fury. Who knows what his mood is gonna be by the time he heals up. AJ vs Ngannou goes down in March. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if by the time Fury‘s healed up, he decides it’s the winner of that fight he wants and the Usyk fight gets put on the backburner again. I guess at that point ol’ Turki steps in and gets the fight over the line but who the fuck knows anymore? 

Edited by wandshogun09

I can't understand, how in what is the last stages of camp, where the hard graft is done, you are more or less at peak fitness, leaving enough in the tank so you're fighting fit on the actual fight night, you manage to get that bad of a cut in an undisputed title fight. Arguably the biggest fight in world boxing, how has a pro camp managed to get what looked like a cut you can literally only get with awful headgear or none at all?

It's a bad cut but I'm baffled as to what's gone on there 2 weeks out. 

Edited by NeverYield