Midcard pops

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I know we all love a big pop. Plenty of chat over the years about Austin helping Foley win the title,  the DDP reveal, etc.

What about lower down the card though? I'm gonna throw out "Ciclope" being revealed as Dean Malenko after winning the battle royal at Slamboree 1998. That crowd goes apeshit. They were massively into Malenko and against Jericho. One of my favourite WCW angles ever.

Does Goldberg vs Raven count? I mean it's a US title match before Goldie was in the main event picture and man that pop when he hits the spear is wild. Even as he came to the ring they were going nuts because they KNEW he was winning that belt.

Props to Raven too, I'm assuming he set the pace and for such a short title match it works really well.

Edited by Merzbow

Elias & Kevin Owens did a promo in Seattle on a random Monday Night Raw in 2018 which got them both insane heat.

I don’t know what caused it, Elias trashed the town & the local sports team just like most weeks but the crowd reaction was way bigger than he was usually getting.

16 minutes ago, dopper said:

Elias & Kevin Owens did a promo in Seattle on a random Monday Night Raw in 2018 which got them both insane heat.

I don’t know what caused it, Elias trashed the town & the local sports team just like most weeks but the crowd reaction was way bigger than he was usually getting.

I may be totally wrong but wasn't the pop due to local sports team being bought by somewhere else...I'm thinking a Wimbledon/MK Dons situation.

2 minutes ago, bigfoote said:

I may be totally wrong but wasn't the pop due to local sports team being bought by somewhere else...I'm thinking a Wimbledon/MK Dons situation.

I can tell you - doing gigs in Wimbledon and being from Milton Keynes will get you far more heat than those two got. 

Edited by Wrasslin

• Paid Members

Linda standing up out of her wheelchair at 'Mania 17 and hoofing Vince in the bollocks. That match is the best example of McMahon-branded Soap Opera Sports Entertainment ever. Nothing from that same niche even comes close.

Edited by Accident Prone

4 hours ago, bigfoote said:

Seattle Supersonics basketball team were moved to Oklahoma. Bastardry.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Always surprised me how well received Santino was.

Whatever Rumble it was where he was at the end, you couldn't do that with many talent at that level.

The elimination chamber where Santino and Daniel Bryan were the final two. The crowd were going bonkers because it was a final pairing no-one expected.