Best movie featuring wrestlers

Sheffbag

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Sheffbag said:

is that available anywhere on the normal streamin g services? Same with I like to hurt people

Not as far as I know but you can watch it here:

This evening I watched Parts Unknown, which features an insane family of wrestlers who go around killing people as part of a murder pact with a swamp demon, while being pursued by an immortal probation officer. The main man wrestled as Sean O'Reilly in the AWA and Mid-South, and the swamp demon is voiced by Jake the Snake Roberts. It's not a "good" film by any stretch of the imagination, but it's really enjoyable if you have a high enough tolerance for absolute nonsense (or, indeed, just if you're high enough).

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2020 at 10:00 AM, Sheffbag said:

Just for a bit of fun. Looking for the best (or worst as my selection shows) films about or with wrestlers in them. Not looking for the well known/commercial ones (The Wrestler, any of the Hogan films, Expendables, Beyond the Mat, etc). More like the more obscure indie/B-Movie style. 

My choice to kick it off. Love this film, Kevin Nash, Jimmy Hart and the Mummy (no, not the WCW one, this one can actually fight) among others in a brawl to find the greatest monster fighter.

Is that actually any good? It looks like it could be a laugh but could also be dog shit. It's also got Rosemary in it too, before she was Rosemary. 

• Paid Members
On 6/5/2020 at 9:04 PM, John Matrix said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c5edb743381a49a88773b27e320e5a0d.jpeg

Laters.

This has reminded me of the Hollywood version of Fist Of The North Star, which was mostly not so great, but had Gary Daniels, Chris Penn, Malcolm McDowell, Dante Basco (ROO-FEE-OHHHH), Vader, and Ludvig Borga in it.

fist-of-the-north-star-lg.jpg

1 hour ago, westlondonmist said:

Is that actually any good? It looks like it could be a laugh but could also be dog shit. It's also got Rosemary in it too, before she was Rosemary. 

it is proper "so bad its good" territory. I picked my copy up in poundland. Its something to stick on after a night out

52 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

it is proper "so bad its good" territory. I picked my copy up in poundland. Its something to stick on after a night out

I may give it a whirl. 

Anybody seen Buy & Cell? stars Roddy Piper, Robert Caradine (from the Nerd films), Michael Winslow (the guy from police academy who makes unfunny noises) and Malcolm McDowell. Its about a trader who gets framed for fraudulent trading. He basically trains criminals to be stock brokers. It ain't great but it's got a few giggles in it. 

thor2.jpg

Almighty Thor, released in 2011. While Marvel gave us Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Anthony Hopkins as Odin & Tom Hiddleston as Loki SyFy & The Asylum gave us Kevin Nash as Odin, Richard Grieco as Loki and a confused-looking Cody Deal as Thor.

You can watch the film here:

Edited by Julian Radbourne

• Paid Members

Ken Shamrock is amazingly bad in the amazingly bad Scarecrow Gone Wild. Quietly reassuring a young lad/s that everything's going to be okay while also using his I'MINTHEZONEGETOUTTAMYWAY!!! voice and just about resisting the urge to punch himself in the face.

I only caught it once on the Horror channel about 2008 and regret not recording it.