Best movie featuring wrestlers

Sheffbag

Just for a bit of fun. Looking for the best (or worst as my selection shows) films about or with wrestlers in them. Not looking for the well known/commercial ones (The Wrestler, any of the Hogan films, Expendables, Beyond the Mat, etc). More like the more obscure indie/B-Movie style. 

My choice to kick it off. Love this film, Kevin Nash, Jimmy Hart and the Mummy (no, not the WCW one, this one can actually fight) among others in a brawl to find the greatest monster fighter.

Big Kev walks this for his Oscar-worthy turn as APA Bradshaw meets Hollywood Hogan knockoff Bass in DOA: Dead Or Alive. Bizarre but brilliant, and notable for including an insight into the Vin-man's legendary foreplay techniques, as he kicks a door down and yells "Tina! It's showtime". Here's him getting handled by guaranteed little-toe-curler Jaime Pressley:

• Paid Members

Back in Action, the 94 comedy action masterpiece with HotRod as Riggs opposite Tae Bo megastar Billy Blanks as Murtaugh.

I remember being pleasantly surprised by it, and it was about the best film in the 4 movies for 99p box set.

• Paid Members

If you type into google "Kerry Von Erich - Problem Child" you'll get more than stories of how shit a parent Fritz was. Its quite mad seeing Kerry Von Erich outside the whole business of grappling, because Kerry looked like he needed to be reminded to wipe his arse after shitting, but he seems quite with it from what I remember.

Ludvig Borga was in Die Hard with a Vengeance. One for Ludvig's large CV ranging from MMA fighter to neo nazi.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

7 hours ago, John Matrix said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c5edb743381a49a88773b27e320e5a0d.jpeg

Laters.

That's surprisingly well shot. Director clearly had ideas above the films station and its weird when you notice that they're trying to frame it as a cinematic masterpiece despite the 50p and a bag of chips budget. Warrior is pretty good in it too. 

Johnny Morrison in Stormageddon is quite a fun watch too. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Back in Action, the 94 comedy action masterpiece with HotRod as Riggs opposite Tae Bo megastar Billy Blanks as Murtaugh.

I remember being pleasantly surprised by it, and it was about the best film in the 4 movies for 99p box set.

I watched this a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty good. Plus you get a young John Leguizamo massively overacting and making you wonder how he's managed such a great career. Piper definitely had something as an actor, he was decent. Definitely elevated They Live, which was great as it is.

• Paid Members

If anyone needs a bit of cheering up on this drab Saturday morning, here's Butchi's sublime RusselMadness review;

My own nomination has to be The Longest Yard (Steve Austin, Goldberg, Kevin Nash, Great Khali, Bob Sapp). It's crass and it's crap and quite problematic with 2020 eyes, but there's also a running joke about Goldberg having a massive dick. So you know, swings and roundabouts.. 

Edited by Accident Prone

Before becoming The Scourge of Wallachia and The Sorrow of Maldovia, Wilhelm von Homberg was briefly a professional wrestler in the 1960's.

So, my choice is Ghostbusters II.

1084870-vigo.jpg

He was also one of Hans Gruber's gang of thieves in Die Hard.