Darren Burridge

Meej81

55 minutes ago, Divorced Dad said:

He can be seen in this video during his measuring schtick and putting the elbow pad back on.

Incidentally this show was the first ever show I went to as it was at my local leisure centre. Show featured a young Marty Scurll, PAC and Paul Robinson and a younger Doug Williams.

Also the local band who played at this show were classmates of mine and went on to form Mallory Knox!

The full match:

23 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Was going to say that. Brilliant match, so great. Wasn't it a iron man or 2/3 falls or something? 

It was a 30 minute Iron Man match. McGuiness was all taped up around the shoulders & i think he had a black eye? Super stiff match. Probably one of the best matches that 1PW ever put on? I remember it well & recall thinking to myself how lucky the crowd was to see such a great match :)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

That Summit show @Divorced Dad was it in Kings Lynn, or just outside? 

Close - this took place in the world famous Littleport town hall of memory serves me correctly. Remember it being really good - Aldis/Doug opened, and Pac/Robinson had an absolute banger in the main event. Well worth whatever it cost at the time. 

2 hours ago, The Dart said:

The full match:

Thanks for sharing this - even better than I remembered. The high-vis jacket, the pre-match promo, everything. He’s mint. 

7 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Close - this took place in the world famous Littleport town hall of memory serves me correctly. Remember it being really good - Aldis/Doug opened, and Pac/Robinson had an absolute banger in the main event. Well worth whatever it cost at the time. 

Thanks for sharing this - even better than I remembered. The high-vis jacket, the pre-match promo, everything. He’s mint. 

Close. Littleport Leisure Centre was the prestigious venue. 

12 hours ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

He had a hell of a match against Nigel McGuiness at the end of 1PW's run at The Doncaster Dome.

Was this the iron man match? It was one of the best matches I’ve seen live and truly gripping 

edit - just read the whole thread now and someone has already answered 

Edited by Meej81

13 hours ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

It was a 30 minute Iron Man match. McGuiness was all taped up around the shoulders & i think he had a black eye? Super stiff match. Probably one of the best matches that 1PW ever put on? I remember it well & recall thinking to myself how lucky the crowd was to see such a great match :)

Burridge and Nigel had two great ones in 1PW - a 2 out of 3 falls and a 45 minute iron man.

Burridge and Colt Cabana also had a great tag with Doug and Nigel which, due to 1PW being 1PW, is not available on tape. 

• Paid Members

It always brings me to wondering where the fuck Valkabious went. 
He was off to WWE wasn’t he? But couldn’t go due to visa issues, then that was that, never heard of him since. Any ideas?

I seem to remember this being mentioned in the last year or so on here somewhere, can’t remember where though.

307E58B7-1A6C-4DD0-9D63-A8A8E833BC2F.jpeg