Cheltenham Festival 2020

Max Power

5 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Us and Them has just cost me a combined total of 400 quid on my various accumulators. I actually want to throw something at my TV.

Where did it come in the end? It was there all the way then just fell away. Had a couple of quid EW on it as well.

Well, despite me knowing fuck all about any of it, made £25 off a fiver, and can have a chippy tea and had a good hour or so, so cheers everyone. Best of luck for tomorrow.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Us and Them has just cost me a combined total of 400 quid on my various accumulators. I actually want to throw something at my TV.

Happens to us all mate. Brush it off, tomorrows a new day.

Stop betting on short priced favourites though.

• Paid Members

I'm 50 up for the week off my initial tenner so you know I can't really moan, but I do wish I'd took Butch's advice not gone for a short priced winner and gone for Put The Kettle On instead. It would hurt my "Summer Festival and Holiday Fund" a lot less.

Honestly no idea where it finished, I muted the TV to answer my phone looked back up and the thing was gone.

Another day like it tomorrow and I hopefully will be at around 80/90 for the week which is a better return than usual.

I still have faith @Max Power.

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I'm 50 up for the week off my initial tenner so you know I can't really moan, but I do wish I'd took Butch's advice not gone for a short priced winner and gone for Put The Kettle On instead. It would hurt my "Summer Festival and Holiday Fund" a lot less.

When you've a 1/4f, you're really best looking for value. Even at paying a fifth of the odds you're best going for something over 6s each way and hoping for the best as it'll be more profitable if it places, and on the stakes people like us bet a win on an 1/4 is negligible anyway. Value is what you should always look for. People would disagree, but I'm an E/W fucker so I'm always looking for value. A 16/1  E/W finishing in the frame will win you more than an evens favourite on the nose. And more importantly, favourites - especially at short prices - are there to be shot at. I've hit the bar on lucky 15s countless times, and more often than not it was a "Dead cert".

But that;'s just what I think. There's better lads in this thread than me who can tell you how they play the game.

Unless you're Woody, who goes E/W on a 2/7.

Edited by PowerButchi