Cheltenham Festival 2020

Max Power

• Paid Members

Like @PowerButchi this is Christmas Eve for me. I will pick a horse for every race and have a bet on them in varying amounts. No betting the house on anything, it's just trying to work out the puzzle that I enjoy. 

So tomorrow avoid the following because my money will be slowing them down considerably. 

Tell Jo my bags for tomorrow in race order are. 

Fiddleronthehoof 
Fakir D'oudairies 
Elwood
Cornerstone Lad
Honeysuckle
Champagne Court
The Hollow Ginge 

• Moderators

A friend of mine is part owner of a horse trained by Skelton and he's had the go ahead on Mohayeed in the Randox on Friday for that days punt. 33/1 on the ante Post, currently at tens. 

I'm loving Ballyandy tomorrow for the Champion Hurdle. A dour stayer, going is soft, it's looking like an each way week, gong to be short on SP fab winners for me as the going will get worse and worse, so it's looking like value. Currently at 18s. I'd say to get on now. 

Yeah the last few years have been a favourites benefit - this year I reckon I agree with Butch, hopefully we see some big priced winners.

William  Hill are paying 7 places each way in the first race today - a fair offer.

I'm against the top of the market in the Champion Hurdle today - Pentland Hills a short runner, Epatante flopped at the Festival last year. Looking at the ground, there are worse each way pokes than Cornerstone Lad. A grade one winner priced at 33s (or was last time I checked).

• Paid Members

If Cornerstone Lad was trained by Nicky Henderson he would be a single figure price, because he is trained by Micky Hammond to get 33s. The race at Haydock where he finished 3rd behind Ballyandy and Pentland Hills by half a length they were both getting weight from him. Now I'm not saying he's a good thing but at that price you are getting massive value for money compared to the other two. 

11 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

What a bastard. I don't normally go by names but saw "Put the kettle on" this morning and really liked it. Didn't back it.

I can probably top that.

I backed the horse ante post for the 4.50 race as I thought it would run there and win.

So I've backed a 20/1 winner - just in the wrong race.