Cheltenham Festival 2020

Max Power

• Moderators

The only one I've had in the frame today was Lord de Menwhatever in the 5:30 and I bet on the nose. 

My first fucking 3 all fucking fell. Captain Guinness, BrewinUpAStorm and fucking Elwood. 

There is three days left, and I'm already 200+ down. Before beer. 

mafs ok GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators

No fucking sympathy. 

There was a woman in the local who needed Benie for a 6fold which would have paid 40000. 

"Gareth Look at this, I've been so Unlucky" 

"fuck off, you've had 5 winners. All I've had is band practise with Ike Turner" 

*argument*

*argument*

Edited by PowerButchi

Today's racing is odd imo. There are a whole host of short price favourites, but one will let you down. It might be best to just stick a couple of quid on the Envoi/Defi/Tiger/Appreciate roll up - it pays about 16s. Just in case. Out of those, I think Envoi will get turned over by Sporting John, but there's no value.

The three races that interest me at the other 3. I am massively against Champ, first time over 3 miles over fences and fell last time out. This race is usually a slog, and I can see him getting out stayed. I would pick something at a price run well - maybe Easy Game or Pym.

The Coral Cup is usually a minefield, but there's a couple I like. Birchdale ran well at the Festival last year and has been saved for this. The other one is Traffic Fluide. Fell last time out over fences when contesting a grade one, but runs here in a handicap hurdle.

The 4.50 is tradionally difficult, but Galahad Quest and Edition have outstanding chances at the prices. The ran against each other previously, with Galahad coming out on top, and I can't understand why they're as big as they are.

----

I've done the following.

2.50 - Traffic Fluide @ 28/1 and Birchdale @ 18/1

4.50 - Galahad Quest @ 22s and Night Edition @ 18s

---

Then because I'm a glutton for punishment I've had a couple of quid on the 4 horse acca, even though I don't like it.

--

Just a side note, don't bet each way if a horse is less than 10s/12s because the maths are massively against you.

Edited by Max Power
Idiocy.