Cheltenham Festival 2020

Max Power

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Max Power said:

Then because I'm a glutton for punishment I've had a couple of quid on the 4 horse acca, even though I don't like it.

Defi went out like a light. When you get turned over at that short a price in a 5 horse race there will be questions to be answered. 

5 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Defi went out like a light. When you get turned over at that short a price in a 5 horse race there will be questions to be answered. 

Yeah it ran as though something wasn't right- never seemed to get into any rhythm. It's been a bad day today for Max Power, basically the opposite of what I thought would happen has happened. Although saying you don't like a bet, but then doing it anyway is lunacy of the highest order so I deserve all I get.

Not yet halfway through the week though, there is still time for redemption!

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

JP McManus is having a great day as an owner, apart from the Champion Chase. 

One of the worst favourites ive ever seen. There was a toss of a coin whether it'd be Dynanate Dollars or Politilogue. 

The 20p fell right. 

• Moderators

But can we just talk again about Champ? I was near to ripping my slip up as it happened 

How to find that in the last 200 yards. Even the TV missed it. 

Greatest festival in the world. Dont get the same excitement from Goodwood and Ascot. 

Proper racing

Edited by PowerButchi

I'm looking forward to today. My strongest fancy is Mister Fisher in the first - I think he's an absolute moral. He'll be my biggest bet of the week - all 20 quids worth.

Afterwards, it's back to dirty each way betting- just how I like it.

2.10 - Rapper and A Great View 

Then in the two championship races, I see the favourites both winning. The double is about 4/1, but after yesterday's results, I'm not doing that.

In the 4.10 you need a front runner. There's 24 horses and the course is very narrow - usually it's a cavalry charge and nothing seems to come from the back. Siruh Du Lac or however you spell it won last year when up front, and there's no reason why he can't repeat it. I'll throw a Hail Mary on Kauto Riko too.

4.50 is a shit race, but Mount Ida finished 2nd behind the favourite a couple of runs back but is 8 times the price. If you forgive her latest run, she's a huge price at 25s.

Then in the last, whatever I've won I'm putting on Le Breuil, cos I'll be depressed by then.

• Paid Members

Our kids notes from the preview night that I've tried to make readable:

13:30 Marsh novice

Davy may ride Samcro. Faugheen will be hard to beat and it will be his final run. Itchy feet great and will run well. Mister Fisher may struggle with the ground.

14:10 Pertemps    

The storyteller a good favourite. Relegate will be really good if it rains. Rapper worth an ew. Sure Du Berlais could come back and win again.

14:50 Ryanair    

A Plus Tard will win. Frodon will do ok if it’s soft ground. Ridersonthestorm a cracking horse.

15:30 Stayers    

Paisley Park hard to beat. Summerville worth the ew. Penhill interesting.

16:10 Brown advisory    

Champagne Platinum a great choice if he goes for this but likely to go for Kim Muir.

16:50 Mares novice    

Colreevy the choice and Floressa easily best of the English.

17:30 Kim muir

Deisa Aba or Champagne Platinum if he runs. Kilfilum Cross worth a go and great chance.

• Paid Members

Today’s the only day of the festival I’ll get to watch and what a start that was, great race and some finish. I have Samcro on my Lucky 15 and Mister Fisher on my e/w acca. More of this please. Only sitting about £50 down for the week so far, today’s the day 🤞🏻