Cheltenham Festival 2020

Max Power

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Max Power said:

They've just said the tricast paid over 20k I believe.

Butch mentioned earlier in the week about there been plenty of each way opportunities this week, I hope he's got a piece of that - especially with it being a Welsh winner.

I was nowhere fucking near. Bob Mahler is the only value I've had today if we're discounting Melon being robbed.

Anyway. I've reopened the garage.

Edited by PowerButchi

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

So am I butch. It's not going to be the same today. Some very small fields. I'm not sure I can remember less than 10 horses in a Supreme and only 5 in the Arkle. I will be watching this year but not having a bet. Saying that my horses will probably sluice up. 

This is what I posted on another forum for today's bets.

---

Probably the worst first day of racing at The Festival I can remember in a long time.

1.20 - Fav should win, but no way can you back odds on. Metier hasn't beaten anything worthwhile. Ballyadam held by the fav, chance lays with the better ground. Soaring Glory just a handicapper. Blue Lord open to improvement and a fair each way poke.

1.55 - Field decimated. Shiskin likeliest winner but no value. Allmankind will probably set it up for a finisher. Franco De Port best off a strong pace, so may be value. If you fancied Energumene then you'll have to back Captain Guiness as it was upside the former when falling late time out.

2.30 - A bit more like it. Vintage Cloud run well in this race before and horses traditionally come back well in this. One For The Team very interesting. Can't really split any of those at the top of the market, but not against any of them.

3.05 - There's about 3 or 4 front runners in this. Not So Sleepy will blast out. Silver Streak up there too. Goshen a talented head case but again a front runner. Honeysuckle will be near the pace cos stays further. Should set it up for a closer. Epatante the most talented but had had injury issues. Sharjahfaioed in the race twice and this is stronger. Abracadabras could be the one off a strong pace on good ground.

I'm not really interested in any of the other races, but will probably back Indefatigable wag way and Next Destination in the last.

---

1.20 - Blue Lord
1.55 - Captain Guiness
2.30 - One For The Team and Vintage Cloud both each way.
3 05 - Abracadabras (William Hill paying 5 places each way, 10s)

That's me

• Moderators

1.20 Ballyadam (Harrumph)

1.55 Captain Guinness

2.30 Aye Right

3.05 Sharjah

4.15 Saint Sam

I'm already 3 tins is as The Groovy Gang (the group of us who take the week of work every year) are giving each other shit on whatsapp instead of the spoons in town next to Sadblokes.

Edited by PowerButchi