Cheltenham Festival 2020

Max Power

Here it is, the final curtain.

1.20 - Quixillos wants softer ground, don't think Adagio is good enough. Fav probably too, and the ex-Elliot horses aren't having too good a time of it this week anyway. Tritonic smashed up a decent field last time and with good ground in his favour rates a decent bet.

1.55 - Wouldn't put you off the fav, has the right profile. Gowel Road an improving novice. Pick something that likes good ground and is a young horse with scope for improvement.

2.30 - Tends to be a real slog. The sexy horses with a load of wins often come unstuck as this is a real stamina test. You often find that horses that have been running in the wrong kind of races all winter find that the penny drops in this. Often won by a big priced horse.

3.05 - The big one. The defending champ seems rock solid. Champ itself is hugely talented if a complete lunatic. Minella Indo has to put a bad run behind him last time, A Plus Tard has Rachel Blackmore in the saddle who is riding out of her skin. It's difficult.

3.40 - Not really bothered.

4.15 - Colreevy is my bet of the day. Beat Mount Ida last time who hosed home in the 4.50 yesterday.

4.50 - Another pin job to finish. Look for a novice that has been running well in graded races. The Irish tend to win it.

---

1.20 - Tritonic (against Quixillos)

1.55 - Gowel Road (Ganapathi huge danger).

2.30 - Vanillier (against Statler)

3.05 - Al Boum Photo (Lostintranslation interesting each way)

3.40 - Bob And Co if I've had a few winners

4.15 - Colreevy best bet 

4.50 - Frontal Assault and Commanding Presence.

Edited by Max Power

• Moderators

1.50 I had 10 E/W on Drop the Anchor. Sky best paid 8 places had it at 40s.

Always bet on a horse related to having a shit. 

I had fuck all otherwise today. Put the house in Frodon. 

Over the week I'm about 170 quid up. Which is probably a record for me at Cheltenham.. 

Now let's hang mark Chapman