UFC 246: McGregor vs Cerrone - Jan 18 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Chunk said:

I thought his response to the question about payment was interesting. He ended up on 80 million but he didn't seem sure at all. Almost like he had no idea and not just because he couldn't total up all the money that comes in outside of fight fee. Same thing when he was asked about the length of his fight deal. It was almost like he didn't know.

And that is exactly why he'll never be Floyd Mayweather, no matter how much he wishes he was. He's maybe making some decent coin, but he's nowhere near smart enough to have the right people looking after his affairs.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, David said:

You don't think that McGregor's management hadn't laid out the ground rules before any interview was agreed? Of course they had. He didn't have to discuss the details of the legal issues, but to say "clean slate" was ridiculous, and it was even more ridiculous for Helwani to allow that to pass unchallenged for the most part.

Journalist my arse, he's a corporate stooge. 

well yeah, what else could he do in a pre-taped setting like that? Just getting McGregor on is a big deal for ESPN, they aren't compromise their relationship with him are they just to ask questions that would never make it to air anyway.

Im not saying its right or wrong, but i didnt go in expecting anything more than what we got.

I don't mind Helwani. 

However, I rarely seek out his content these days. One of the Sherdog staff said it best years ago, he's a nice bloke, but there are many MMA media personalities and analysts who provide better insight into the sport. Give me a Jordan Breen opinion piece over any of Helwani's interviews/content. 

The same Sherdog staffer, if I recall correctly, also claimed that it was only a matter of time before Helwani became a full-on UFC shrill. While he has upset the UFC in recent years, it is clear that Helwani knows where his bread is buttered in relation to McGregor. He obviously knows that McGregor's name equals clicks, and by keeping him sweet, he's bound to get exclusive interviews like the one posted above.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, David said:

And that is exactly why he'll never be Floyd Mayweather, no matter how much he wishes he was. He's maybe making some decent coin, but he's nowhere near smart enough to have the right people looking after his affairs.

Doesn't Floyd have huge tax problems?

The reason it stood out to me is that Mcgregor has always seemed obsessed with that sort of thing in the past. To a fault where it motivated him more than training and fighting.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, David said:

how the hell do you know that? 😄

Dave, i know you are anti-McGregor but thats a ridiculous thing to say.

14 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Doesn't Floyd have huge tax problems?

The reason it stood out to me is that Mcgregor has always seemed obsessed with that sort of thing in the past. To a fault where it motivated him more than training and fighting.

Huge tax problems? Not really. They may be huge to the average Joe, in the same way the tax issues Messi had in Spain were considered huge. There's been rumours floating around for a while about that, but nothing has ever come of them. If he did have tax issues of the type we've seen mentioned it would have come to a head by now. Those rumours have been around for years.

9 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Just remember who was "spitting truth" about McG back when people like you were riding his rapey cock, Eggy boy. I was right then, and I'm right now 😉

Also, given how much of an absolute cock-end he's shown himself to be, I think it's a fair assumption that anyone who's halfway intelligent is "anti-McGregor" nowadays.

4 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

Michael Jordan would probably be a better example than Mayweather. 

That's a fair point actually.

Edited by David

On 1/13/2020 at 12:02 AM, Egg Shen said:

Countdown has dropped:

https://youtu.be/vzEqzhTUT34

I hope it didn't get damaged.

48 minutes ago, David said:

Just remember who was "spitting truth" about McG back when people like you were riding his rapey cock, Eggy boy. I was right then, and I'm right now 😉

Also, given how much of an absolute cock-end he's shown himself to be, I think it's a fair assumption that anyone who's halfway intelligent is "anti-McGregor" nowadays.

McG clearly needs to get depressed and fuck off, maybe that's more unforgivable than being a rapey pensioner assaulter.

• Paid Members

I'm personally feeling almost zero interest for this fight, and it's the McGregor factor that's causing me not to be interested rather than making me excited. I'm not even planning to watch it live, which would have never been the case in the past.

There's no doubt it'll feel like a big fight atmosphere on fight night, but I just haven't the heed to listen to McGregor's bullshit in the run up to this one. I haven't really a problem with people being excited to watch him fight. As a fighter, he's always been very talented and involved in exciting fight's. I guess that helps line his pockets all the same (fuck BT Sport/McG if they think they are getting £20 off me though. If I have to wait until 6am for a single interesting fight on the whole show, then I'll just get up at 8am and watch it for free). Wanting him to win though? Defending him for anything other than his fighting abilities? Not for me.

At this point (quite a while ago really) there is enough information, speculation, rumours and truths out there that tell me that this is not a man that deserves any support. I struggle to see how anyone can justify championing him with all that is out there. Sure, some of it may not be true. It's just as possible that what we think we know, is the bare minimum of what he has done and that he has been up to even more than that. Anyone taking the time to support him at this stage should probably prepare themselves for some harsh realities, that will probably continue to appear over the next year or two with regards to Conor McGregor.

That's a good point, Al.  By separating ourselves from the bullshit that goes with him, we can watch the excellent fighter that he is.  He's a world away from the "60g's baby!" that made us all root for him, but it's easy to forget his undoubtable skill.  I've always likened him to Naseem Hamed, but that was for his fighting style and ability to sell a fight.  Now he's more like the fat bastard who crashed his supercar.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, David said:

Huge tax problems? Not really. They may be huge to the average Joe, in the same way the tax issues Messi had in Spain were considered huge. There's been rumours floating around for a while about that, but nothing has ever come of them. If he did have tax issues of the type we've seen mentioned it would have come to a head by now. Those rumours have been around for years

Fair enough. Never really looked into it in any great detail to be honest. I doubt there's smoke without fire though and any level of tax issue doesn't scream smart money many to me.

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

I thought we learned ages back he had inside sources. 😉

Edited by Chunk

• Paid Members

The August-McGregor clothing line. I think this is from the ‘predator at large’ winter range. With slippers and white socks. 

F383893-E-FDB3-4-A5-E-94-CD-CD4379324-E8

For those special occasions when you’re on the prowl but feeling leisurely. 

Another appearance from Conor’s “waiting for a sub standard chicken bhuna” (Keith™️) wallpaper there as well. 

There’s a lot going on in that photo.