UFC 246: McGregor vs Cerrone - Jan 18 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I lost track a bit when Ariel Helwani moved over to ESPN. Is his show streamed live on Youtube? I can see some full shows posted under the ESPN MMA account but it doesn't look like a full archive. There also doesn't appear to be a placeholder for today's live show. Cheers.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Chunk said:

Thanks.

Found it. Shortcut for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMWDQIJctak

was a good watch, McGregor definitely convinced me that his head is back in the game at least. 

The Manny Pacquiao boxing bit will likely make some headlines, id never even heard that mentioned as a possibility.

That Helwani interview is a bit cringeworthy in my opinion. I used to like Helwani, but over the years he's looked more & more like a bit of a snivelling rat. The type who'll do anything to get ahead and get the scoop. He's basically half the MMA journalist that the likes of Okamoto and Thomas is.

Ariel: We spoke about the incident in the bar, the incident in Miami. Is there anything else pending as we move into 2020? Or is it a clean slate moving forwards?

McGregor: Clean slate.

Ariel: .....

That's top class investigative journalism right there from Helwani. 

As far as this fight goes, I wonder if we'll see everyone proclaim that "Conor is back!" if and when he beats a man who's lost two on the bounce?

Edited by David

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, David said:

That Helwani interview is a bit cringeworthy in my opinion. I used to like Helwani, but over the years he's looked more & more like a bit of a snivelling rat. The type who'll do anything to get ahead and get the scoop. He's basically half the MMA journalist that the likes of Okamoto and Thomas is.

As far as this fight goes, I wonder if we'll see everyone proclaim that "Conor is back!" if and when he beats a man who's lost two on the bounce?

I know what you mean. To be fair to him, he did at least press him on the 'open' claims against Mcgregor and he did push the point about a Pacquiao fight.

5 minutes ago, Chunk said:

I know what you mean. To be fair to him, he did at least press him on the 'open' claims against Mcgregor and he did push the point about a Pacquiao fight.

I guess it comes down to the individual. There's no way that interview takes place without Helwani agreeing beforehand to not broach certain subjects. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, David said:

I guess it comes down to the individual. There's no way that interview takes place without Helwani agreeing beforehand to not broach certain subjects. 

Considering it was pre-taped for ESPN, even if Ariel had pressed the issue further it likely would have been cut from the interview that aired. Conor clearly wouldnt have been allowed to speak on the matters either, they are still being fought out in court.

Conor's claim that he'll make $80 million for the Cowboy fight, mental.

36 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Considering it was pre-taped for ESPN, even if Ariel had pressed the issue further it likely would have been cut from the interview that aired. Conor clearly wouldnt have been allowed to speak on the matters either, they are still being fought out in court.

You don't think that McGregor's management hadn't laid out the ground rules before any interview was agreed? Of course they had. He didn't have to discuss the details of the legal issues, but to say "clean slate" was ridiculous, and it was even more ridiculous for Helwani to allow that to pass unchallenged for the most part.

Journalist my arse, he's a corporate stooge. 

7 hours ago, David said:

I claimed Arsenal were back after we beat a shite man united team the other week so I for one will definitely claim he is back after smoking Cerrone 

Edited by thevestofdeanambrose

• Paid Members

I thought his response to the question about payment was interesting. He ended up on 80 million but he didn't seem sure at all. Almost like he had no idea and not just because he couldn't total up all the money that comes in outside of fight fee. Same thing when he was asked about the length of his fight deal. It was almost like he didn't know.