UFC 246: McGregor vs Cerrone - Jan 18 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Fair oul pair of plums on the lad, in fairness to him.

Yeah but they're only full because he's had to knock all that raping on the head during training. Bet they're like raisins when he's out of camp. 

12 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah but they're only full because he's had to knock all that raping on the head during training. Bet they're like raisins when he's out of camp. 

I really hope I never get on the wrong side of you. 

Jim Cornette is kinder to his enemies 😃

• Paid Members

Nah you're good with me Jim. 

Still not really feeling any buzz for this, to be honest. And that's even after watching the Countdown, Embedded, weigh in etc. The 'you lick my arse and I'll lick yours' press conference the other night didn't help either. I mean, I didn't expect them to fake bad blood but I didn't expect them to sit up there fluttering their eyelashes at each other either. I think I'm just over the whole Conor McGregor thing now. Mostly because of his out of the cage antics. Everyone keeps saying 'he's back' but honestly, with him constantly being in the MMA headlines over the last year or so he's been out of the cage, it feels like he was never gone. Maybe his absence would've made this feel bigger if he wasn't popping up in stories about sexual assaults, punching OAPs, smashing some bloke's phone and shagging anything in a skirt behind his missus' back. 

I might've been more up for this if they'd bothered to cobble together a good undercard but they give us Holm vs Pennington 2 as co-main. Trying to look for some positives...I really like that Pettis vs Ferreira fight. I'm looking forward to seeing Oleynik gor for his 12th Eizekel choke finish. And I kind of like the Barber vs Modafferi clash of styles and the cool little bit of trivia that Barber was only 5 years old when Modafferi made her MMA debut. What else? Sodiq Yusuff, I like him. This Aleksa Camur guy down on the Fight Pass bit sounds promising. I'm struggling to get up for this one though. It's a mediocre Fight Night with a cold McGregor vs Cerrone main event slapped on top. 

I'm moaning but I'll watch it, obviously. Fuck am I giving BT any money for the privilege. But it'll do. After the break in shows we've had, I'll probably enjoy it. But it's not really doing it for me. If Conor Molester gets knocked out though, different story. It'll probably be my 'MMA Event Of The Year' by the time I nearly forget to give my nominations for the 2020 UKFF Awards. 

• Paid Members

Ahh i'm all in now. It may have something to do with the lack of fights this past month adding to it, but ive been listening to podcasts all week and its got me excited. Im even up for the rest of the card as weak as it is on paper.

The reaction to the press conference is interesting. For every fight where the guys ham it up you'll always get the detractors saying "whats this? WWE? they'll be hugging afterwards", yet when they come out and keeo it civil you get a crowd saying "whats this nice rubbish? talk shit to other". Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

• Paid Members

It's not that for me Egg. I'm all for fighters just being themselves. Max Holloway is one of my favourite fighters on the entire roster and he's as nice as can be and never talks shit to his opponents. It's never stopped me getting up for his fights one bit. Christ, Robbie Lawler doesn't talk at all and spends half the time snoozing during press conferences, but I've never not felt the buzz by the time he's facing off with his opponent at the weigh in. This McGregor-Cowboy presser went beyond being 'civil'. It was just a big circle-jerk where everybody loved each other. The only person in that whole room who said anything of note was that guy asking about the sexual assault allegations and he got booed and shouted down. It was a total love-in.

Edited by wandshogun09