UFC 246: McGregor vs Cerrone - Jan 18 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Still not feeling the heat for this one yet either, much like some of you. I think part of it is that outside of the main event, there isn't a single other fight on the show that matters a jot to any division. 

Holm Vs Pennington? The winner isn't fighting Nunes. 

Olenik Vs Greene? The winner would be lucky to get a fight with another top fifteen fighter next.

Pettis Vs Ferreira? Pettis is firmly in the role of exciting veteran, taking fun fights. I'd be surprised if he can still put a two fight win streak together at this stage, never mind a title push. As for Ferreira, he'd probably need to win another 3 fights in a row to even be allowed to flutter his eyelashes at a Justin Gaethje, Dustin Poirier, Tony Ferguson, Khabib, McGregor or the winner of the Hooker/Felder fight. Maybe the winner of this one could fight Cerrone if he loses, but that's as high as I see the stakes being. Cerrone, Lee, Charles Oliveira, Gregor Gillespie, Iaquinta. That's the half of the division that they are probably playing in next. 

Then the fight that does have something riding on it. McGregor Vs Cerrone. Well, I think most of us aren't fussed with where that's heading should McGregor win. Khabib Vs McGregor II as White is trying to push for? No thanks. 

There's a few fights further down on the card that look like they could be fun, action fights, but with no divisional relevance at all. Pettis Vs Ferreira should be fight of the night though, they both tend to be exciting. Unless McGregor Vs Cerrone turns into an all out war (with Cerrone not wilting under pressure and McGregor not gassing out) then that Pettis fight is what I'm expecting to be the highlight. 

• Paid Members
On 12/26/2019 at 8:48 PM, ColinBollocks said:

Feel absolutely nothing for this fight, in truth. However, I'm confident fight week I'll be talked into staying up to silly o'clock to watch the thing. McGregor has proper lost it if he can't talk me into what should be a fun fight - what else is he good for?

Christ was I wrong.

Hopefully this bombs on BT Box Office and it persuades them paying extra for UFC PPVs is daft.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

As the week's gone on the more im starting to like the card. It still piss poor from a PPV standpoint but im interested in all the remaining fights above the Fight Pass prelims.

The highest stakes for any other fight probably comes in Barber/Modaferri. If Barber wins that impressively, she could be rushed into a shot with Shevchenko. Dont think thats a wise move but Barber has some star quality about her.

I'm absolutely ready for this tonight although its only half 7 and I'm absolutely knackered which makes me realise I'm a full fledged dad now if I like it or not. Me and my fiance are going to stay up for this.

After watching the weigh ins I've realised there are alot more fighters on this that I'm interested In but as its been said above there aren't alot if fights that have any immediate consequences 

2 hours ago, honor87 said:

I suck at technology so no idea how to link it, but holy f’damn the UFC just put out one of the best promos ever imo for tonight’s mcgregor & cowboy bout. Proper chills! I cannot wait.

The one with "Wanted Dead Or Alive" behind it? It's the PPV opening video leaked early, awesome stuff.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/01/ufc-246-video-opening-dana-white-bon-jovi-conor-mcgregor-donald-cerrone

Would love Cowboy to win, spent the last few days watching all his fights, from WEC to today on Fight Pass, but the pattern is undeniable- Cerrone gets to a certain level, looking like a world beater... then he gets sparked in the first. Happened in his last fight with Gaethje and Conor carries similiar power.

Conor via "Nobody can take dat left" in the first.

That is an incredible promo video that is the stuff they should have been using for a month or so now. I know in and interview dana said this show has the potential to break records and they are looking to make 11 million on the gate but it really has struggled to reach the level of hype that it should have got for a fight this big