UFC 246: McGregor vs Cerrone - Jan 18 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I still can’t bring myself to root for him. No matter how good for the sport it is. 

Haven’t even bothered checking out that interview posted on the last page. I haven’t heard him speak in months yet I’m still somehow sick of him. Apparently Khabib’s terrified of giving him a rematch though. Yep. 

I don't care who wins. 

I have never taken to Cerrone. I got off on the wrong foot with him. I was a fan of his bitter rival, Jamie Varner, back when WEC was still a thing. I was also chuffed when Pettis, another favourite of mine. blew him away inside 3 minutes. 

As late as 2018, I was still somewhat of a McGregor fan. I had, however, soured on him quite a bit by that point. There was the bus incident in early 2018 and the tedious build to the Mayweather fight in the summer of 2017. There was also that incident at a Bellator event, where he took a swing at an official for no good reason. I had both feet off the McGregor bandwagon by the time the sexual assault allegations emerged in late 2018.

Now, I am fairly indifferent to his presence if anything. I have little interest in his interviews, or whether he turns up to press conferences or not. Don't get me wrong, I will watch his fight with Cerrone. It should be an entertaining scrap and I won't personally be paying to view it. But the actual result means little to me. 

Edited by jimufctna24

12 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

a Jamie Varner fan 😲

My taste has hopefully improved with age 😉

I took to him after his fight with Hermes Franca. I thought he had quite a bit of potential and hopped on his bandwagon. 

Edited by jimufctna24

19 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I still can’t bring myself to root for him. No matter how good for the sport it is. 

Yeah, I'll never be rooting for him, as you could probably have guessed. I just hope, for his family's sake, that he gets his act together outside the cage. 

24 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

if anyone here still doubts the appeal of Conor McGregor, that Mac Life interview has 2.4 million views in 2 days 😲

Yeah, he still has a huge appeal for sure. I also don't think that a lot of the casual audience really know about the allegations against him, you know? I know a few guys who haven't a clue about any of it.