UFC 246: McGregor vs Cerrone - Jan 18 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Well I've never been more disappointed with a press conference as I was this morning. Saying that I feel even more confident that Conor is walking out the victor on Saturday he is incredibly focused and it shows what sort of person he is when he isnt paying the Columbian dealers a pretty wage 

Having seen the presser I'm pretty sure McGregor wins. It sounds mental, but you can usually tell how Cerrone will do if you watch him in the build up to a fight.

When he was facing Alexander Hernandez he had a swagger to him, a quiet confidence that he was going to "put this kid in his place," and it was the same with Mike Perry. He had a quiet confidence about him.

If, however, he goes into a fight looking like he's just happy to be there, and spends his time doffing his cap to his opponent and talks about how he's going to have fun, how great his opponent is and so on, it's pretty much a sign he's going to get dropped and beaten. He was like that against T-Ferg, Gaethje, Till, Lawler and Masvidal.

I still stand by the opinion that he intentionally blew his nose against Ferguson to get that stoppage. He's had 50 fucking fights, he knows not to be doing that, and his smiling and happily accepting behaviour after the fight told its own story. He knew he was getting fucked up and he wanted out. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Shout out to those fans at the press conference who booed a journalist out of the building for daring to bring up the multiple unresolved sexual assault cases against one half of the main event. Fucking hell. MMA, man.

I was listening to Luke Thomas' show from a week ago this morning and he predicted that anyone who brought it up would be booed out of the building.

What disappointed me even more was that Cowboy was actively shouting the reporter down as well. I expect it from the mouthbreathers who attend these events with a few pints in them, but Cerrone? Fucking hell dude, just sit there and keep fucking quiet. You've already crawled far enough up McGregor's arse throughout the presser without telling a reporter that he's wrong to ask about serious sexual assault accusations.

• Paid Members

Conor almost let it slip during the Ariel Helwani interview and then last night’s buddy cop-style press conference confirmed it. I’m absolutely convinced the reason Cowboy got this fight instead of someone like Justin Gaethje is because they could trust Cowboy to play ball and not mention the rapey elephant in the room. Everything felt super controlled and scripted and you could sense everyone panicking when that journalist brought it up. 

Edited by Supremo

1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Well I've never been more disappointed with a press conference as I was this morning. Saying that I feel even more confident that Conor is walking out the victor on Saturday he is incredibly focused and it shows what sort of person he is when he isnt paying the Columbian dealers a pretty wage 

What were you expecting? 

Every over Conor presser where he turns up late and talks shit for 20 minutes? 

With all the previous posts where you were annoyed there was no presser details I’m starting to think you watch Best Conor McGregor Quotes on YouTube compilations over and over again.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Man that was an awful presser. I would have had to take time off work to watch this live and this has made me think catching the highlights will be fine. Cowboy went  full bitch, thanking Conor and did he really have a go at the one decent journalist in the room?! What a fucking yes man. Bmf ranch my arse. He did a fawning IG post this week 

You are just like me! Thank you Cowboy! His gimmick is kinda like if Stone cold was a model employee. 

Edited by Cheapheat

• Paid Members

Haven’t watched it yet but I had a feeling Cerrone would be kissing Conor’s arse. Ever since talk of them fighting started picking up steam Cerrone was just giving it the ‘Hey it’s Budweiser vs Proper Twelve’ hard sell. That got boring fast for me. 

I remember their first interaction at that ‘Go Big’ press conference back in 2015 and it was fun. I really wanted to see them fight after that. But that was before Conor went full racist sex pest. Now it’s Rapey Conor vs Donald The Dad it’s lost a lot of its lustre for me. 

Another thing that has to be questioned surely is his claims that he's making $80 million for this bout. Not a fucking chance. He claimed that he made, what? A shade over £40 million for the Khabib fight. I doubt that number to be honest, but there's no way he's making $80 million to fight Donald Cerrone.