Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Had these yesterday. Only the part of me that is driven by pure, bloody-minded FOMO motivated me to try this, despite all rational objections.

lays-cucumber.jpg

Not good. They weren't completely inedible, but they definitely didn't taste right. There was an uncomfortable sweetness following up the cucumber flavour, which, in itself, just does not belong on potato. After a few, they tasted sickly.

1/10. There's no need for it.

Edited by Carbomb

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Looking to get a snack box full of nice crisps for my wife’s birthday - through this thread last year I found WeLoveCrisps which was great, but they’ve only got one option for their gift boxes at the moment, so wondered if any crisp experts have other suggestions?

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I saw these in Sainsbury's today, tried the Roast Chicken and Mayo ones adn I'm really not sure how I feel about them, they're not disgusting but the addition of a fake mayo flavour is odd. I'll happily eat all 6 bags though.

spacer.png

The sausage and ketchup ones were alright, but not as good as the Golden Wonder ones.

On 8/20/2024 at 11:43 AM, Carbomb said:

Not good. They weren't completely inedible, but they definitely didn't taste right. There was an uncomfortable sweetness following up the cucumber flavour, which, in itself, just does not belong on potato. After a few, they tasted sickly.

1/10. There's no need for it.

I tried these yesterday - they were on sale at a local Asian supermarket; and, weirdly, your not-so-glowing endorsement made me want to try them. So yeah, they're horrible. 

They do taste like cucumber though, so there's that. 

Edited by RedTwoster

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

I tried these yesterday - they were on sale at a local Asian supermarket; and, weirdly, your not-so-glowing endorsement made me want to try them. So yeah, they're horrible. 

They do taste like cucumber though, so there's that. 

I'm my own worst enemy. Like I say, chronic FOMO. Sounds like you might be driven by the same.

21 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I'm my own worst enemy. Like I say, chronic FOMO. Sounds like you might be driven by the same.

With me, it's curiosity. I couldn't even imagine what cucumber crisps would taste like...now I don't have to. But yeah, if there's a batshit flavour I'll usually buy it for that very reason!