WWE Stomping Grounds 2019

WeeAl

• Paid Members

This must be the least anticipated PPV/Network Special in quite sometime. It's happening tonight, somewhere in Washington state. There's a reason for it too. Just have a look at the state of that card. Anything catching your eye? I'd say maybe Joe Vs Ricochet. It could be very good, but I don't expect it to be in the position to be up to much. Hopefully I'm wrong on that one. 

Stomping Grounds Card

Raw Women's Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Lacey Evans

WWE Championship: Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

United States Championship: Samoa Joe (c) vs. Ricochet

SmackDown Women's Championship: Bayley (c) vs. Alexa Bliss

Universal Championship: Seth Rollins (c) vs. Baron Corbin

SmackDown Tag Team Championships: Daniel Bryan and Rowan (c) vs. Heavy Machinery

Cruiserweight Championship: Tony Nese (c) vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Drew Gulak

Xavier Woods and Big E vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn

Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre

This should be the main selling point though. Another chance to watch Kofi Vs Dolph, in case you thought you had missed/avoided it last time. .  . 

wwe-stomping-grounds-header.jpg

Edited by WeeAl

As garbage as it looks, it'd be proper WWE to pull a shit attack and have a weird return/booking desicion/short lived direction change on it. It's the kind of thing they do once in a blue moon when they catch a reflection of the state of themselves. 

I'll probably skim the results tomorrow morning for that reason alone. Either that or we have one of the all time nadir shows in the same tradition as In Your House 4 and December to Dismember. 

• Paid Members

I know 2 people who legit saw this card and cancelled their network. The Saudi show almost finished them but they saw this card and noped the fuck out. One has the NJPW network thing and said he took one look at the G1 and then this and wondered what he was still subscribed for, the other just isn’t interested any more. 

43 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

First PPV in years I’m gonna completely miss, I think. Combination of the dull card and only having mobile internet. I wonder what will main event, purely because none of the matches look like main events.

Becky will probably main event so Vince can blame the women if/when it the shows performs poorly.

In all seriousness though, that's the most unappealing card I can recall.

59 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Touchy. If nothing else, the talent being so aware of what a rut the product is in will hopefully mean everyone tries to have as good a match as possible.

Thanks for sharing - the comments on that tweet are priceless.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

It will be interesting to identify which sociopaths stay up till 4am to watch this shite though.

While I won't be staying up to 4am to watch it, I'll likely put it on a short time later, at 4.45am, while I make/eat my breakfast, skip what doesn't appeal, then watch a bit of it on my lunch break later. I find by breaking it down into chunks, these really long shows are a lot easier to get through.

I still see the bits i'm interested in (not much here, admittedly) but it doesn't feel like a 4 hour show when you don't sit and watch it for four hours in one innings.