WWE Stomping Grounds 2019

WeeAl

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Skimming news reports or watching highlights, no-one is arsed. Review the things you did watch and leave the ''I don't care about the show, but y'know I went out of my way to read/watch bits of it'' bollocks to yourself.

Perfectly fine B level PPV show, easy watch. Worth the measly tenner. 

Don’t check the Raw thread.

• Paid Members

What's weird is, take away Brock and Ronda, and Becky and Seth are badly exposed as nobodies. They cant carry feuds against anyone other than people who are more over than they are. People boo the fuck out of the part timers, but take them away and there are no dragons to slay. Lynch and Rollins are so uninteresting, is it any wonder the empire is falling in around them as they're on top? They arent stars. Lynch to me comes across as a acting school dropout playing a character. And Rollins has a small cock. I dont want to aspire to be someone who has as many inches as I do coming out of a cold lake. Fuck this promotion until February.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Awards Moderator

It may not be immediately, but they’re turning Becky on Seth at some point and it’s going to go down worse than Adam Johnson turning up to run the Crocodile Club. The second they acknowledged it on live TV it was inevitable they’d shove it down our throats and it’ll only be a matter of time until everyone gets bored of it. They’ll back themselves into a corner and it’ll end in a shambles. Christ help us if it involves Triple H and Steph.

Rest of the show was alright. Fun jump for Kofi, decent tags and enjoyed the Joe scrap enough to be happy with another couple from them.

4 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I'm not into this Becky and Seth being a big couple and ending the show cuddling and stuff thing at all. It's not even the general idea I hate but the two of them are right unappealing smug cunts and it's just not working for me.

This, a million times over. Rollins is a weasel-faced arse (or is that aN arse-faced weasel?) and is completely unrelatable as a top babyface. Don't even get me started on Becky Lynch - the silly season that ensued when certain pockets of fans fantasy booked her before WrestleMania lives long in the memory. Beating up R-Truth at #30 to win the Men's Rumble, tapping out Ronda clean at Mania then beating Austin in Saudi Arabia seems perfectly plausible to some of these nutters.

"Unappealing" is the best description of both of them I can think of.

My favourite match of the night was actually Sami/Kevin vs. New Day. It was such a pointless match on paper, but both teams delivered with urgency and commitment.

Alexa vs. Bayley wasn't bad either, all things considered. Things they do regularly just looked a bit better than usual. Bayley's sunset flip powerbomb into the buckle, for example, always looks like ineffectual garbage, but looked strong here. Alexa's Code Red on the outside looked good too. And even some of the strikes looked reasonable. It was twice the match Lacey and Becky had.

Thought it was alright meself. I mean nothing of any consequence happened beyond the hot potato-ing of the US title, but it's a C level PPV. All of the matches were decent to good, and Lynch/Lacy was far better then it had any right to be, considering the clumsiness of Becky and the inexperience of Lacy. Ditto for Bayley/Alexa. Owens/Sami vs New Day was great. Hopefully that's the end of Corbin & Ziggler in prominent title chasing positions too. General  booking of the main event irked me in that it was like something you'd see on a meh episode of Raw, and ending the PPV with the smug, unlikeable Rollins and characterless since before Mania Becky was a bit much, but sure it's sowing the seeds of an awful break up angle presumably around Summerslam time.

• Paid Members

It ended up being a decent enough show in the ring. Sami/Owens Vs The New Day was an exciting match to open the show, Bryan and Rowan Vs Heavy Machinery was fun, Ricochet Vs Joe was good. 

I was bored during Drew Vs Roman and Kofi Vs Ziggler. They were both solid enough matches bit both pairings do nothing for my interest level. Bryan Alvarez was at the show and said that there were no screens/trons showing any of the ring action in the arena, so that could have been part of the reason for the muted crowd action in the cage match. Either that, or it was Kofi Vs Ziggler part 3058. 

The main event was bollocks though. Total bollocks. Corbin is worse than Jinder as a top level heel. The worst thing about the choice of referee and the run in at the end means that we now get Rollins/Becky Vs Corbin/Lacey, which sounds shite. 

I thought the spotlighting of Ricochet winning the belt, being made to feel properly important, was a nice touch and one that's very often missing for the mid tier belts. 

• Awards Moderator

Joe vs. Ricochet was good, and the cage match had a few moments of genuine worry that Ziggler would win, so that exceeded expectations too. On the less positive side, I thought the tag title match struggled because that crowd was never going to be behind anyone other than Bryan, which didn’t help the dynamic of being supposed to want Heavy Machinery to win. The main event wasn’t exactly Austin vs Dude Love. And Roman seemed to be back in his usual match formula of “being beat down forever and for so long that you wonder why he ever thought he could be a wrestler because all he does is get beaten up constantly followed by him suddenly winning”.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Roman seemed to be back in his usual match formula of “being beat down forever and for so long that you wonder why he ever thought he could be a wrestler because all he does is get beaten up constantly followed by him suddenly winning”.

Completely agree, does my head in. You can understand it against Lesnar or Zeus, but why the fuck is “the big dog” wrestling as an underdog against equal or lesser opponents? He’s being booked as Mikey Whipwreck.

1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Completely agree, does my head in. You can understand it against Lesnar or Zeus, but why the fuck is “the big dog” wrestling as an underdog against equal or lesser opponents? He’s being booked as Mikey Whipwreck.

The problem is, other than Lesnar there is no one on a level above Reigns. Everyone else on the roster is currently his equal or a little below/a lesser opponent. There is no "main event" level talent for him to be having competitive matches with, so he is forced to have competitive matches with Drew and Shane. If he squashed Drew and Shane (as he should), who is on the next level for him to fight?