Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Forgive me, as I'm not a regular viewer, but I don't really understand the "selling his soul" thing regarding Cody. Cody Rhodes was the most company man corporate Champion they've had for years. Why would he need to sell his soul? What benefit does that give anyone? Have I missed something?

No, you've missed nothing. It meant nothing. It was just some words that fell out of The Rock's face after he was apparently told he needed to be involved at Elimination Chamber as no one would care otherwise.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

No, you've missed nothing. It meant nothing. It was just some words that fell out of The Rock's face after he was apparently told he needed to be involved at Elimination Chamber as no one would care otherwise.

Told by the board.

?

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

Kind of falls at the first hurdle too, in that The Rock did beat Cody at last year's WrestleMania.

He did, but equally, it was as part of a tag match, Cody humiliated him the night afterwards. A few tweaks and twists and you can make it work - the fear that he won’t beat Cody rather than the idea he can’t - general insecurity, a hallmark of many bullies which is what The Final Boss ultimately is, whether the real life Dwayne Johnson realises it or not.

Whatever the case, there was potentially a good idea in the concept, they just utterly failed to add logic to it either before or after.

Posted

Thing with this is, if that story IS to happen, it has to end with Cody/Rock with Cody winning. Unless in our times selling your soul is a face move in their mind and Rock goes over. No worries.

  • Paid Members
Posted
43 minutes ago, Chili said:

Thing with this is, if that story IS to happen, it has to end with Cody/Rock with Cody winning. Unless in our times selling your soul is a face move in their mind and Rock goes over. No worries.

I don’t think this match will ever happen. It probably should just to put a bow on it, but Rock’s absence is as telling as it is strange. I expect him to turn up again, but there’s every chance he does so acting like a babyface and completely fails to address any of his previous actions. 

Posted (edited)

Jimmy v Solo v Rey Fenix is the most random, WWE 2K career mode match I've seen booked in a while.

Still, perhaps suggests there'll be some schmozz to allow Rey Fenix to win and he'd be absolute chaos in a MITB ladder match.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz
  • Paid Members
Posted
11 hours ago, Chili said:

Thing with this is, if that story IS to happen, it has to end with Cody/Rock with Cody winning.

Which is exactly why I think it won’t happen. Dwayne Johnson is a man whose self-image has strayed so far from what it once was that he literally employs someone to count how many punches he is hit with in movies. I don’t think he wants the match because I truly believe he no longer wants to lay down for anyone. Remember when they were planning to do him vs. Roman? He was pitching to win!

Posted (edited)

I've only seen it written down, so maybe it's sad with such flair I'll look like an idiot, but JC Mateo could be an all timer of a bad name.

 

Edited by d-d-d-dAz
  • Paid Members
Posted
41 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

JC Mateo could be an all timer of a bad name.

There are half a dozen in NXT at the minute that are worse. It's just a shame it's not Matteo then they could have claimed he's the islands brother of Dominic. 

Posted
20 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

There are half a dozen in NXT at the minute that are worse. It's just a shame it's not Matteo then they could have claimed he's the islands brother of Dominic. 

NXT doesn't count. They do all sorts of weird shit down there.

All for a Dominic Matteo tie-up. The Blood-liverbirds*.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*best pun I've got. Soz.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

Such a shame Cena isn't hanging around until Mania 42.

Fatu winning the Rumble and eventually dethroning him at Mania is too perfect.

I mean, he could win Money in the Bank. I’m gonna predict a Sami Zayn win instead though, with him cashing in on Jey to turn heel.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I've only seen it written down, so maybe it's sad with such flair I'll look like an idiot, but JC Mateo could be an all timer of a bad name.

 

It’s weird that they introduced him as Jeff Cobb at Backlash. Why do that, then immediately change his name? But yeah, agreed with @Lion_of_the_Midlands in that NXT is drowning in duff names.

Posted

Damn Tiffany tagged Nia with that dropkick to the chair! 

I can usually skip through Smackdown in the hour before I go to work and today was no exception.

I don't mind JC Mateo apart from the fact they went 'Thats Jeff Cobb!!' at Backlash 

Giulia being on Raw for all of three weeks, losing, and then getting drafted to Smackdown does seem very 'Oh shit we've botched this already' from the booking team. It's difficult to believe this is the same team that were producing such great stuff 18 months ago.  

Posted
35 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Damn Tiffany tagged Nia with that dropkick to the chair! 

I can usually skip through Smackdown in the hour before I go to work and today was no exception.

I don't mind JC Mateo apart from the fact they went 'Thats Jeff Cobb!!' at Backlash 

Giulia being on Raw for all of three weeks, losing, and then getting drafted to Smackdown does seem very 'Oh shit we've botched this already' from the booking team. It's difficult to believe this is the same team that were producing such great stuff 18 months ago.  

The booking from 18 months ago was a pure fluke. It has to be. 

Posted
54 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

I mean, he could win Money in the Bank. I’m gonna predict a Sami Zayn win instead though, with him cashing in on Jey to turn heel.

I just find MITB such a tired concept these days.

Good shout though with Sami I could see that happening.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...