Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I might watch the Chelsea Green match. Are they ever going to end that feud with Michin?

Hopefully after Chelsea wins and cashes in MITB they’ll have a proper title match won by Chelsea and that will do.

Posted

The Jeff Cobb debut match was bafflingly poor.

I think they've re-hired and signed too many people recently and they are struggling to juggle them all.

Fenix, Rusev, Aleister Black and now Jeff Cobb have all  come in within the last month or so and none of them have really made much impact. You could even throw Penta in there, although I'd say of all of them he's probably doing the best.  And with some of them, like Fenix especially ,  they already feel like they're fizzling out. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

It’s Ricky Saints I feel most sorry for. Imagine being stuck wrestling Pillman Junior in a shitty warehouse, wrestling in front of 150 idiots more interested in doing chants about Tony Khan, whilst literally everyone else goes straight to the main roster. Only way it can get worse will be when Chris Jericho makes it back to Raw or Smackdown before him.

IMG_2233.jpeg.9ab178097a777b39df895b611e819ff1.jpeg

KO updates us that he hasn’t had surgery yet, but someone has released a fucking book on the Kevin Owen vs. Sami Zayn saga, so I’ll have to check that out.

Fingers crossed Kevin comes back and the author can eventually re-release that book with the inevitable epilogue once Kevin and Sami headline Wrestlemania for the Undisputed WWE Title. Actually, now that I think about it; I’ll accept a Sami Zayn heel if it facilitates Kevin returning as a babyface to face him in that ultimate dream match. Hunter “Original Ideas,” Helmsley can give him a U2, “Beautiful Day,” montage.

It’s a real shame that we won’t get Kevin Owens vs. John Cena during this final run. Now more than ever, I’d love someone with that level of history and chemistry with John to inject some much needed life into it. Kevin’s righteousness would have been perfect. “Always knew you were a neon prick!”

Consistent with this Cena heel run as a whole, this thing with R-Truth is an unsatisfying mess. There was definitely humour to be had, followed by tragedy, but it’s like they can’t pick a lane. Truth got smashed through a table and is still acting like a daft goof. It completely kills the heat. There’s no drama in Truth having his heart broken if he’s still being an idiot.

The third straight feud of, “this is a bit shit, but hopefully the next one will be better.” At least they can move on to the next one pretty quickly. Is Cena even scheduled for this week’s TV? I want Truth to tell him that winning seventeen WWE Titles is rookie numbers. Truth won the 24/7 Title fifty four times!

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, digforvictory said:

The Jeff Cobb debut match was bafflingly poor.

I think they've re-hired and signed too many people recently and they are struggling to juggle them all.

Fenix, Rusev, Aleister Black and now Jeff Cobb have all  come in within the last month or so and none of them have really made much impact. You could even throw Penta in there, although I'd say of all of them he's probably doing the best.  And with some of them, like Fenix especially ,  they already feel like they're fizzling out. 

I think they needed the injection of fresh talent, and that’s not the problem. 3-hour Smackdowns don’t help, but there feels like a general lack of direction; something that wasn’t an issue during the Bloodline era, as all paths led to Roman’s eventual defeat. They’d presumably been hoping the Cena storyline would be an adequate substitute, but it’s been very disappointing. He’s not clicking as a heel at all, and that’s not something I’d have predicted. While the booking has been uninspiring, the same could be said about Cena himself.

24 minutes ago, Supremo said:

It’s a real shame that we won’t get Kevin Owens vs. John Cena during this final run. Now more than ever, I’d love someone with that level of history and chemistry with John to inject some much needed life into it. Kevin’s righteousness would have been perfect. “Always knew you were a neon prick!”

 

I never even thought about that, the lack of Owens really is a shame. Edge too, for that matter - it would have been nice to see them wrestle one final time. Then again, given how boring heel Cena has turned out to be, the outcome would likely only have been a lukewarm feud at best, that would have killed much of my desire to see the match in the first place. 

At best, it would be the Frasier reboot, at worst, Arrested Development. Neither were necessary either way.

Edited by RedTwoster
Posted

I’ve been assuming what they’ve been doing with R-Truth and Chelsea is them trying to say “hey look we’re even handed and willing to make fun of MAGA ideology as well”.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Looks like the Wyatt Sicks are as fed up of watching the dull-as-dishwater tag division as the rest of us. Cheers guys, here’s hoping your efforts leads to an extended write-off and reboot for each one of those boring teams. 

Posted
On 5/19/2025 at 11:17 AM, Supremo said:

KO updates us that he hasn’t had surgery yet, but someone has released a fucking book on the Kevin Owen vs. Sami Zayn saga, so I’ll have to check that out.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Ordered!

Posted

Being reported SD will stay 3 hours for the “foreseeable future”. Probably puts paid to my chances of returning to it any time soon.

  • Paid Members
Posted
12 hours ago, Supremo said:

The good times roll on.

IMG_2367.gif.16acb1755734aba5fbedfffbd31b6372.gif

Here's "beating a champion or champions in a non-title match" ;

f3M6AM.gif

Posted

I want to see Supremo's gif response when he realises there is already tension between Logan Paul and John Cena... and they've been paired up for less than a week.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I reckon Travis Scott might win the briefcase.

Posted

Smackdown have been (trying) to build a tag division these past six months. 

We can debate it's successes or failures but having the Wyatt Sicks come in and flatten everybody is such a Vince move 

Makes those team look like complete jabronis and...well actually, looking at the teams involved (bar the Street Profits) they might have a point....

As you were. 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...