The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

57 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Christian's televised debut was the Light Heavyweight title against TAKA on PPV. Only had the two dark matches prior to that.

Disqualifying Hardcore (and 24/7) titles as they've no doubt got someone winning in their debut.

Christian is a good one, but technically he had done lots of developmental shows, even if they weren't billed as such.  If you're just counting televised matches then winning a title on your first ever match is pretty impressive.  Even Jacob Fatu didn't manage that.  I didn't even discount the Hardcore/24.7 titles as I didn't think about them, but they have to be discounted for fairness I think.   Mike Awesome would count for the Hardcore title otherwise.

• Paid Members

Guys may have become Champions quicker due to technicalities, gimmicks and/or worthless belts, but Jacob getting the Tag Titles this quickly is the first time since probably AJ Styles where it feels like a big, big endorsement. A real sense of everyone immediately going, “fucking hell, this guy’s good, isn’t he?”

Solo was likely never going to make it as a Main Event player, but whatever chance he had seems to have been swallowed up by Jacob being in his orbit. Completely overshadowed. Levels.

Sooner they move on from Solo the better. Have Roman squash him on Smackdown. Get to the real juice. Bring on the real stars. Go full Rikishi.

IMG_9070.thumb.jpeg.5648595d2d61a1ce6c177fde733a4aa1.jpeg

”I did it for…The Rock!”

23 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Solo was likely never going to make it as a Main Event player, but whatever chance he had seems to have been swallowed up by Jacob being in his orbit. Completely overshadowed. Levels.

Sooner they move on from Solo the better. Have Roman squash him on Smackdown. Get to the real juice. Bring on the real stars. Go full Rikishi.

Before The Rock comes back, I think we’re getting a Survivor Series match and a few months of Roman getting bested by the Solo and his crew, leading to Reigns reuniting the original Bloodline. And I can’t bloody wait. The moment Sami Zayn’s music hits, revealing him as the fourth member will be absolutely magical. 

• Paid Members

That's his 17th listed match with the company on Cagematch - all prior being darks & one house show. 

Omos won the tag titles on his televised debut (at Wrestlemania no less) but Cagematch lists 6 prior matches for the company (which seems light, imagine there's NXT house shows that aren't listed on there?) Regardless, still not beating Fatu. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

That fucking pop for Stone Cold Roman Reigns!

Cody Rhodes immediately sending a text to Hunter, suggesting he move back to Raw.

It's actually going to happen, isn't it? Roman's going to fight against THE ODDS as much as possible, but in the end? He's gonna need to do the handshake. My dawgs.

Anyway, Tanga Loa has to be doing it on purpose now. Even Diana Smith and Great Khali’s upside down belts, they could at least hold them properly.

IMG_9086.png.e7adafd307247ab7cf344bb2c528ffa0.png

IMG_9087.jpeg.741e50045dc0ad9aa3fe73225d41094f.jpeg

Our boy Tanga though? Who’s quickly becoming the Mr. Bean of Smackdown? Well….

IMG_9084.jpeg.e6d4ee1dd34cd3072741a594639f53ec.jpeg

IMG_9085.gif.979c7fce27b9dd8aff379652eed20761.gif

Edited by Supremo

According to Sean Ross Sapp, they have new theme music ready to go for Roman, but if that’s true, I hope they reconsider. I’m not sure it’s possible for the guy to have a more goosebump-inducing, epic theme than the music he currently has. 

I was fully expecting Jacob Fatu to sneak attack Roman during that final segment, the fact he didn’t does have me concerned that his injury is a bad one, but we’ll see. 

Cody vs Kevin Owens isn’t the most inspiring of title matches for Berlin, but the Smackdown roster is shockingly thin. I’ve no idea who you you have him fave for the rest of the year, never mind until Wrestlemania; assuming he holds the title for that long. 

Edited by RedTwoster

Loved the end of the show. Solo scrambling to retrieve the lei, desperately clinging to it and proclaiming himself the Tribal Chief. The fans don’t buy it, Reigns doesn’t buy it, even Solo himself doesn’t really buy it, but it’s gone too far now for him to go back on it. Roman didn’t even need to say a word. 

I mean in fairness to Tanga Loa he can’t see out that eye.

Agree that the SD roster is really thin and firing Randy over to Raw for a bit isn’t great in terms of creating opponents for Cody. I had assumed with his glances at the title that Orton would be in line for a shot by the time Survivor Series comes around though - and he probably still will and they can have a series between then and the Rumble to pass the time till Cody is back in Bloodline business.

Pretty Deadly the Musical is the most anticipated thing in the Fed just now.

I suppose the lack of depth is something a few new signings could fix. If they do bring in Penta, Fenix and Ricky Starks, the roster feels a little stronger; albeit far from what you would want. Maybe Vinci will end up being a decent addition; heck, this is about as good an opportunity as he could hope for, given how little competition there is.

And poor Baron Corbin. A roster as thin as this, and Triple H still doesn’t want to use him. I thought he was one of the few highlights on NXT, during his most recent run there.