The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

14 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Fatu won't be a heel for much longer going off that.

Wonder if they bring the 3rd Tonga in and Fatu defects to Roman's group to make it 4 on 4 for when war games comes around?

I don’t think there would be much logic in doing that - it would be a mistake, in my opinion, to do anything other than the original Bloodline versus Solo’s group; with Sami Zayn being the fourth member, after Solo boasts that it’s four-on-three.  

Edited by RedTwoster

• Paid Members

I wouldn’t hot shot a Fatu face turn either. If you want him to be a face at some point, getting overshadowed by returning Roman wouldn’t be a great start.

Plus, the LORE~!1….

11 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

the original Bloodline versus Solo’s group; with Sami Zayn being the fourth member, after Solo boasts that it’s four-on-three.  

Star Trek Drinking GIF

Sounds like I'm in the minority but I'm loving Solo Sikoa. Pre WM he barely said a word, now he's cutting awesome promos and looks great. I love the transformation from silent enforcer to narcissistic chief. I wouldn't mind it at all if he went over Cody. 

It's not that he's doing a bad job. As I said, he's absolutely the natural successor to Roman in that storyline and it all logically makes sense. But he's not at a convincing main event level, let alone that of a champion. He'd make Damien Priest look like Bruno Sammartino. I don't think he needs the title to carry forward any potential feud with a returning Roman. That feud is personal.

1 hour ago, OzExile said:

Sounds like I'm in the minority but I'm loving Solo Sikoa. Pre WM he barely said a word, now he's cutting awesome promos and looks great. I love the transformation from silent enforcer to narcissistic chief. I wouldn't mind it at all if he went over Cody. 

Yeah, it’s what @DavidB6937 says for me - I just couldn’t imagine the guy holding a world title. He’s perfectly fine, but he just doesn’t feel like a main eventer. But I’m enjoying the story, and I’m looking forward to the match. I’m certain Solo will lose, but I’m also certain it’ll be done in a way that will protect him and his Bloodline - perhaps there’s a ref bump, the Bloody swarm Cody, Orton and Owen’s come out but they’re taken care of - then Paul Heyman comes out with his ‘lady’s and gentlemen’ line…and Roman makes his return, costing Solo the match. That allows Solo to move away from the title picture without looking weak, while also taking this story to the next chapter. And it’s also a satisfying conclusion to Summerslam, because who the heck doesn’t want to see Roman’s return at this stage?

I reckon Solo and Bloodline shenanigans has Cody ready for one last spike when Roman’s music hits throwing him off enough for Cody to turn it around. Have Solo go crazy for weeks and weeks being interrupted by his music and Jimmy delivering letters etc. it’s obvious they’ll pivot to the Randy vs Cody build post Summerslam.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Mad that for as much as WWE has improved, they still do that terrible trope where a top star can sometimes just demolish the Tag Team champions.

Don’t get me wrong. I love Jacob Fatu, and I think DIY are dog shit. But did he really need to murder them? Couldn’t he have murdered literally anybody else?

I don’t want to turn this into a tribal thing, I enjoy and dislike aspects of both companies on their own merit, but has AEW ever done something like this in the five years they’ve been around? Where you just take a massive shit on your Tag Champs - and thus the division as a whole - to build up a singles star? It feels like a very specific thing only WWE do, like a blind spot they can’t see past.

Worst still, it wasn’t even needed. Jacob looked just as good after DIY had been sent back to their home planet, once he began mixing it up with Orton and Cody, seemingly on Fast Forward compared to everyone else. Imagine being Tanga Loa. You already know you’re shit, and then they put you in a faction with Jacob Fatu. I’d be so embarrassed going to work.

Great closing angle though. Cody trying to sacrifice himself to save Randy. “TAKE ME! TAKE ME!” Nobody else could pull that off. He’s the best.

Roman returning to save Cody at Summerslam is going to break the fabric of space and time. Imagine a fist bump! I’ll die. The Motherfucking Mega Powers!

Edited by Supremo
Echo Delta India Tonga.

The only thing I did wonder was if it was a way of getting Cody some backup with DIY in upcoming weeks. I agree it could definitely be done better but for all his niceness Cody doesn't seem to have many friends, so at least it gives DIY some motivation to get involved. Plus maybe give the Bloodline 2.0 some titles even if it's not the main one. As long as something comes of it, I don't mind it too much but if it's just a random one off sacrifice then it's pretty stupid.

14 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

The only thing I did wonder was if it was a way of getting Cody some backup with DIY in upcoming weeks. I agree it could definitely be done better but for all his niceness Cody doesn't seem to have many friends, so at least it gives DIY some motivation to get involved. Plus maybe give the Bloodline 2.0 some titles even if it's not the main one. As long as something comes of it, I don't mind it too much but if it's just a random one off sacrifice then it's pretty stupid.

That was my immediate thought, that it may transition into DIY vs Tonga and Loa at SummerSlam or something. It makes sense for this Bloodline to go after the tag titles along with the WWE title, in their quest to dominate in the same way OG Bloodline did. And Tonga and Loa are their version of The Usos, right hand man, etc.

2 hours ago, MachoLibre said:

That was my immediate thought, that it may transition into DIY vs Tonga and Loa at SummerSlam or something. It makes sense for this Bloodline to go after the tag titles along with the WWE title, in their quest to dominate in the same way OG Bloodline did. And Tonga and Loa are their version of The Usos, right hand man, etc.

Smackdown before Summerslam I reckon, far too much going on accross both brands to put the tag titles on the main card.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Cody trying to sacrifice himself to save Randy. “TAKE ME! TAKE ME!” Nobody else could pull that off. He’s the best.

This absolutely cracked me up. All they did was put Randy through the announce table, something that has happened to him probably 50 times in his career and Cody is screaming like they're about to shoot him in the head execution style.

Edited by LaGoosh