The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

Jacob looked great. Tits or not. He's the real star out of them. They're going to have a tough time keeping Solo as the leader when you've got him on board.

But yeah. Drew. What a guy. Another great step in their feud. They've been so good together at carrying it on without having the big pay off match yet.

• Paid Members

Agreeing with tilderswinton, pushed like a murderer straight off the bat. Taken out the top 3 babyfaces on the brand in one go. In a wrestling context Jacob Fatu looked a million times more dangerous than all that spooky bollocks put together on Monday. The other two Tongan lads weren't even "Good in Japan" so they are relying a lot on some good faith which I would agree with you Gooshy, they don't quite have yet. As for Solo, they portrayed Roman and Heyman as frightened of him, they've constantly presented him as danger, and to a lot of people he does feel like one. You might be in a small minority on him. 

Whilst I love a chubby killer, I think the last two decades of wrestling have prepared us for the idea that dangerous, credible wrestlers might be slim, svelte little devil's.

Daniel Bryan's been kicking people's fucking heads in for years; CM Punk spent so long being pushed as a 'striker' that he convinced himself he could fight in the UFC; AJ Styles waited until he was 73 to get on the juice.

Non-fatty Fatu will be just fine.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

As for Solo, they portrayed Roman and Heyman as frightened of him, they've constantly presented him as danger, and to a lot of people he does feel like one. You might be in a small minority on him. 

I probably am. It's just my opinion of course!

Great episode, Smackdown just absolutely flies by when it’s on form.

Loved Jacob Fatu’s debut. As someone who has only ever really seen him on Twitter clips, he certainly impressed and the guy has a real authenticity about him - you believed him to be a killer (something the other two Bloodline newbies have yet to convince).

Everything about the McIntyre segment was done perfectly, Drew looked a badass. I really liked the use of Punk in this episode too, he got to play the hometown hero at the start of the show and then they used him to progress the McIntyre feud and get Drew his shine back after Glasgow. In years gone by that all would’ve been done in the same segment but it felt a lot more organic here and fresh pacing wise.

The actual wrestling took a huge backseat but I didn’t mind it because they used the time really efficiently to actually progress multiple angles.

Hopefully Smackdown is back firing on all cylinders after a bit of a lull post-Mania.

It was like this episode was made for a viewer like me. I’m absolutely a sports entertainment fan so short, speedy matches with multiple angles is the perfect combination for TV and then I like my longer matches at the big show.

The episode completely flew in as there was rarely anything going on with no meaning. The shot of Drew with Punk was brilliant and interested to see how Drew taking Punk’s “AJ” and “Larry” bracelet now plays in. They’ve yet to even have a bell ring and it’s probably feud of the year.

As someone who hasn’t seen a great deal of Jacob Fatu, just the odd match, I thought he looked excellent. His facial expression throughout was hilariously scary too.

2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I am also a fan of Mike Awesome (RIP) 

I wish I could give you double likes just for the use of the word "Whilst"

I remember in the old e-fed days doing what was probably a 3,000 word post as Stone Cold, and the first reply was essentially "it's pretty good mate, but I don't think Steve Austin would say 'whilst' quite so often."

Heartbreaking.

For how non-descript he's been so far, I thought Tonga Loa did a great job expressing 'oh fucking hell, this guy? really?' with his face at the end.

Fatu looked an even bigger deal for having his own t-shirt already. It makes me think he's going to be important to what they do moving forward, if they're selling his merch already.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

This isn’t the era of big useless oafs anymore so having a smaller tittyless guy portrayed as a killer is no issue at all whilst we have KO over as a tough guy brawler and middleweight Cody as they guy. 

Im glad to see Bloodline:The New Class getting the upper hand too. Can’t be expecting us to be taking them serious as a killer group when KO and Orton see them off every week. Hopefully they go on a rampage now and get us ready for the monster pop when the big dog roles back in.

15 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

This all ends up with Roman, Rock, Jimmy, and Jey uniting to defeat Bloodline:The Next Generation in a Wargames match with Paul Heyman in a shark cage above the ring doesn't it?

We've still got Hikuleo to come in for Bloodline Wolfpac, I think, so maybe chuck Sami in to Roman's team.

13 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

This all ends up with Roman, Rock, Jimmy, and Jey uniting to defeat Bloodline:The Next Generation in a Wargames match with Paul Heyman in a shark cage above the ring doesn't it?

Only if Rocky swerves. He has to be the orchestrator of the whole thing. Dick head Rock vs Roman at Mania whilst Usos and Sami vs Solo, Jacob and whichever one of the other two is least shit in a gimmick match.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Sami instead of the Rock please