The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Random one, I know it sort of ruins the shot here, but has anyone seen the footage from the gentleman's phone as he's filming matey's return last year? Want to check it out to see how it turned out and if it's any good for a project I'm working on. 

...I'm aware this might illicit ironic responses and videos/images and I have fully prepared myself for this. 

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 16.37.55.png

43 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Random one, I know it sort of ruins the shot here, but has anyone seen the footage from the gentleman's phone as he's filming matey's return last year? Want to check it out to see how it turned out and if it's any good for a project I'm working on. 

...I'm aware this might illicit ironic responses and videos/images and I have fully prepared myself for this. 

Assuming this is the back of his jacket.

spacer.png

I'm so sorry.

47 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Think it's this one?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxbxGB3Pw69/?igsh=enRjaDh5NXN5OG5i

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Assuming this is the back of his jacket.

spacer.png

I'm so sorry.

Why are you sorry? Direct match! Also I didn't know graphic design was your passion ❤️

2 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Top, thanks!

Just now, Fatty Facesitter said:

Why are you sorry? Direct match! Also I didn't know graphic design was your passion ❤️

Top, thanks!

Searching "The back of The Rocks head" isn't something I thought I'd do today.

Surprisingly few results.

That ending was so poor the way it was done. I must admit I still had a bit of goosebumps at the stare-down but Cody saying all that then just stepping aside? There were far better ways. I get it has kind of half been left open and could still wind up Cody v Roman but it made no sense to me.

Logan Paul is the best they have. Outstanding from him.

• Paid Members
On 1/31/2024 at 3:53 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

The whole thing with the Rock is they probably DO have to do the match now. They have tried, and failed, to get this match at Mania before and it usually comes down to Dwayne's Hollywood Schedule ("A new quiz show coming to NBC this fall"), which is why the match kept getting bumped. And he has to be looking at officially retiring from in-ring stuff and he's not going to go out at a Summerslam or Survivor Series, it's going to have to be a Wrestlemania. And that is the only reason why Cody and Seth should even be considered for this year. It's the only thing that can get in the way of Cody/Reigns 2 is The Rock.

On 1/31/2024 at 7:59 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

I don’t disagree. I mean it’s weird that he basically came out on Raw to tease him v Reigns at Mania, but plans change. I do think it comes down to ego and I’m not sure what impact his position on the board will give him as well, but it’s a possibility that The Rock says it’s Mania or nothing. But I don’t think the audience would accept it instead of Cody

Off to buy a lotto ticket

What a bizarre segment. Roman lists all the reasons why Cody should challenge for his title, Cody says he wants Roman's title, then Cody just steps aside for The Rock. 

It's weird to think that Roman/Rock must have been the plan all along but that they couldn't come up with a better way of doing it.

It ultimately doesn't matter but how do you not read that segment as The Rock manipulating gullible Cody into giving up the biggest match at WrestleMania? I know The Rock's always been a bit of a bully as a character, but I've never really perceived the character as being particularly manipulative, nor Cody as being particularly gullible.

It honestly felt like the set up for a Cody Rhodes heel turn. 

Edited by Vamp

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Off to buy a lotto ticket

I mean, go right ahead, but be prepared for a Bruce almighty situation where half the population win too.

Anyway, this does make you wonder, what would the plan be if Punk didn't get injured? Presumably Rock was always coming back and therefore Cody would've always chosen Seth? So that mania main event was never coming?