The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

It's not like they turned the lights off and on and expected everyone to pop for Lopez. She's not been gone for years or anything. She's still been working in NXT and they've now decided to use her with Santos as he's a heel again. Not sure what's wrong with that. Are we saying HHH can't use anyone from NXT anymore or else it's tragic?

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, JLM said:

Also Kacy Catanzaro is real pretty like.

I'm glad I'm not the only one saying this every week now, it was becoming problematic.

I do wonder if giving the gold to the Kabuki Warriors is a good idea. Will it be another case of the group overshadowing the belts and them becoming meaningless? I feel like thats happened with Rhea and Judgement Day.

Although that would suggest the tag titles meant anything to begin with. I'm not sure we're in any better position than when Bayley and Sasha were moaning about them.

WWE really struggle with good consistent tag team booking.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one saying this every week now, it was becoming problematic.

Interesting fact about her. In addition to pro wrestling, she is also partial to a party. She likes them and likes going to them. This  is also true of her tag team partner. They have both been known to party. They’re written off for a bit afterwards because MD comedowns and hangovers hit a bit harder in your mid-30s, but yeah, little known fact about them is that they PAR. TAY. 

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You wait till Jamie Hayter is back, I won’t shut up about her.

I think as a forum we’ve gone from sharing diva photo shoots, to pretending we only like Joshi due to the workrate, to a realistic middle ground where we can enjoy the wrestling and the ladies in equal measure.

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

The only person in that whole building who recognised and reacted to Electra Lopez. He bloody LOVES NXT, does our Trips. Might have been the most tragic, “remember this, from NXT?” of all time. Crickets.

I’ve just watched her Smackdown debut on YouTube, this is massively overstating what they did. She helped Escobar win, the camera didn’t really dwell on her, and Cole explained who she was. She worked well with Escobar in NXT, so why not? Even if she was a complete unknown, they could have debuted her in this way and it would have been absolutely fine. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I do wonder if giving the gold to the Kabuki Warriors is a good idea. Will it be another case of the group overshadowing the belts and them becoming meaningless? I feel like thats happened with Rhea and Judgement Day.

I think it’s perfect. With them and Io all holding gold, they have a reason to decide they don’t really need Bayley when they boot her out. Which happens faster if she wins the Rumble.

3 hours ago, Loki said:

I think as a forum we’ve gone from sharing diva photo shoots, to pretending we only like Joshi due to the workrate, to a realistic middle ground where we can enjoy the wrestling and the ladies in equal measure.

I was never pretending!

7 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I think it’s perfect. With them and Io all holding gold, they have a reason to decide they don’t really need Bayley when they boot her out. Which happens faster if she wins the Rumble.

Yeah I guess from that perspective it makes sense. I just hope they'll actually be defended and not just forgotten about as part of a bigger group storyline or something.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Rockbus2 said:

Wade Barrett and Cory Graves as the two man commentary team seems an odd move for Smackdown. Not sure who's filling which role there.

I feel Graves is probably going to be the Michael Cole to Barretts McAfee. Graves can be serious, gives off that he knows his stuff, Barrett is very much in that mould of still being the character he was when he was active in ring.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Rockbus2 said:

Wade Barrett and Cory Graves as the two man commentary team seems an odd move for Smackdown. Not sure who's filling which role there.

I assume Barrett is filling the role of “British Isles colloquialisms that the colonists won’t understand” that the Irish lad was doing last week?

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Karrion Kross looks like a bad drawing of CM Punk, done by someone who doesn't like CM Punk.

A national disgrace this only has 2 likes, I've been real life laughing at it for a good 5 minutes now.