VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

I applaud this attitude, better taking care of your health and having good food than having that £250 watch! Its one i am much the same on, rather get a cheapo casio watch for a fiver and my clothes from the charity shop and be able to afford to buy better food instead 

I will be buying 2 bags of quorn mince tomorrow, it will be a total of 1000g, so im going to split it up into 5, 200g bags and freeze it, easy tasty meals, am quite enjoying it 

it is only £1.50 per bag in asda 

You do realise he’s just posted a great big (vegan) portion of chilli cheese fries and burger :D 

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

2 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Yeah, eating takeout constantly is the opposite of taking care of your health.

Still feeling better than than I did ten years ago. Physically and mentally my diet has made me feel great. Pretty sure it’s added an extra inch downstairs as well which is nice 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Still feeling better than than I did ten years ago. Physically and mentally my diet has made me feel great. Pretty sure it’s added an extra inch downstairs as well which is nice 

It's doubled then? Fair play.

10 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

It's doubled then? Fair play.

When you’ve done as much cocaine as me that extra inch is an absolute fucking god send. 

On a serious note though I have actually noticed a difference. Some meat has been linked to effecting the heart and blood circulation, so sounds reasonable to me that your dick could get bigger by cutting out meat. 

Also, I just saw this nice little article. Steps like this could help get Veganism to be the norm by 2030. 

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/06/you-could-soon-be-taxed-for-eating-meat-8110827/?ito=social

As a vegetarian I can imagine Corbyn would back steps like this if he ever gets in charge. He also appointed a Vegan woman called Kerry McCarthy as Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs in 2015, but she would resign less than a year later. She’d spoken in Parliament about meat being treated similar to tobacco before which is totally logical to anyone without bias. Can imagine the Conservatives being happy about taxing people more as well.

Also, fuck off David you stupid tosspot.

Edited by UK Kat Von D

Let's be honest here, that tax would be a political disaster for anyone who got behind it, whatever the potential benefits are health-wise.

Leftie? You've made a great protein source unaffordable for poor people, possibly even leading to meat-eating becoming a preserve of the middle and upper class. Food apartheid!

Rightie? The government are taxing everything, the NANNY STATE just won't leave us alone or let us enjoy ourselves.

Its a vote loser and it would be bonkers to propose, whatever you think about the utility of veganism.

I don’t think politicians are particularly bothered about it being a vote loser. As long as they don’t suggest doing it in the run up to an election they’d just do whatever they like.

It is more likely they’d just slowly push it up in a similar way to how cigarettes have increased over the years. Just enough to complain about but not enough to change votes 

cigarette-prices-in-the-united-kingdom.j

Edited by UK Kat Von D

19 minutes ago, David said:

I'm not the one with a single pair of footwear to my name, you fucking hippie.

Sort it out, Max.

If it’ll really make you happy I’ll ask Dr Martens to give me a few more pairs of shoes, but you can’t make me wear them #fuckthesystem

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

As a vegetarian I can imagine Corbyn would back steps like this if he ever gets in charge. 

I can't see it, not that its a bad idea mind, but aside from it going against the larger societal grain (for now, certainly), union support is still a huge part of the Labour voting base for the short term at least. Job losses in the meat industry (and you have made your position clear on that subject) would likely not sit well with the unions.