LOLz

tiger_rick

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Probably a bit silly for some but I loved Christian bullying Beaker and the reveal that he and Sheamus were related.

That Muppets Raw was actually pretty good from what I remember. Rare case of WWE fans responding well to non-wrestling comedy when presented on one of it's shows. 

Quality of this is terrible but it's from not long before the Invasion PPV when Vince McMahon is addressing Team WWF backstage. For all their faults, heel Austin regularly brough the funnies. 

A few that spring to mind.

The Booker T vs Austin Supermarket Fight. 

Rock & Foley when Rock spoke Swedish & Chinese (not sure you would get away with it these days!)

Finally personally I always love the Billy/Chuck wedding - Everything from the 'We are not gay' to Rico trying to save it and of course Eric in the mask trying to do the whole ceremony thing.

• Paid Members

I liked Billy and Chuck, my favourite bit was when onscreen they were talking about releasing a Billy and Chuck beefcake calendar and they actually included it with one of the WWE magazines. 

I love that they took it that far, it's like when they actually released a terrible Christmas album by Jillian Hall

original.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

• Paid Members

Worth watching this all the way through, but just watch it from this point first. Without context, this is just one of the silliest lines I've ever heard delivered in wrestling.

• Paid Members

I know it will be because I'm British, so I get his comedy and share a love for the comedy that influenced him, but I don't think I've found any wrestling personality as consistently funny and entertaining than Regal. I just love the fact that he is happy to go to any lengths to entertain the fans, even if it means him doing something many would see detrimental to their character, like the Las Vegas showgirl sketch for instance. 

I think it's a bit of a travesty that he never got a run with one of the big belts in the era when even the likes of Swagger got a go, although I understand that he's messed it up for himself more than once.

I'm just hoping he can rub off on some of the NXT guys so his ability to be naturally funny, as well as his comic timing, doesn't go to waste once he is no longer on camera.

I could be wrong, but I think the plan was for him to win the big one when he was GM and his heat was insane. That shutting down the show was amazing. Then he obviously mucked it up for himself a bit. Its a shame as he was on fire during that time.

Regal has that brilliant ability to play both comedy heel and genuinely horrible heel when he chooses.

Archived