How does your daily routine compare to Marky Mark's?

Devon Malcolm

32 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I'm calling bollocks here. Unless your phone/clock is situated away from your bed, no one immediately gets up as soon as the alarm goes off. I have mine on my bed stand and I spend at least 20 minutes browsing shit on my phone after I've hit the alarm off.

I would thoroughly recommend the best of both world option.  I've now got in the habit of getting straight out of bed the moment the alarm goes off - then I make a cup of tea and go back to bed and browse shit on my phone / watch an episode of something funny.  The jump out of bed bit becomes habit quickly but it's not quite as depressing as jumping out of bed and getting ready for work. Without the 3 minutes out of bed though I'd still be dozy af whilst lying in bed. Instead I'm somewhat awake and totally enjoying being wrapped up and cozy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I could not imagine getting up half an hour before I need to leave for work. That to me is called "I'm going to be fucking late".

Sounds like you need to post your 2 hour Patrick Bateman-inspired morning routine in that case, because half hour is plenty. That's how long I'm up for before I leave the house, sometimes as little as 20 mins.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Sounds like you need to post your 2 hour Patrick Bateman-inspired morning routine in that case, because half hour is plenty. That's how long I'm up for before I leave the house, sometimes as little as 20 mins.

I don't like being rushed about in the morning, puts me in a bad mood for the upcoming 8 hours and I feel like I've wasted part of the day so I allow myself time to enjoy the morning. I have my alarm set for 7am but I don't need to leave the house until 9:30am (except for gym days, where I wake up at 6:45 and am out the door by 7:30).

If I had half an hour to get ready (get up, morning dump, shower, breakfast, get dressed, brush teeth, do hair, make/grab lunch) then I'd definitely be leaving late anyway and I'll be a proper mardy arse all day to boot.

So the AP morning routine is;

7am - Wake up, grab phone, check news/play games/general browising

7:30am - Dump and Shower. I'll have my phone here too so more fucking around on the bog.

8am - Towel, blow dry and get dressed. Accompanied by a podcast.

8:20 - Breakfast and coffee on the sofa. Feet up and telly on.

9:15 - Make lunch.

9:20 - Brush teeth and 'style' hair

9:25 - Leave some extra time because I always forget something before bolting. Fucking always.

9:30 - Out the door. Into the car. Fuck off to the office.

2 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

I'm calling bollocks here. Unless your phone/clock is situated away from your bed, no one immediately gets up as soon as the alarm goes off. I have mine on my bed stand and I spend at least 20 minutes browsing shit on my phone after I've hit the alarm off.

And yes, I am 100% generalizing here and I am fully prepared for comments of "Well I have kids/a super positive can-do mental attitude".

My girlfriends alarm is set for 06:15 (despite her getting up at 7am) so I am pretty much awake by half 6 anyway.

2 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

If he's getting up at 6:30 to leave the house for 7 no way he's pissing about on his phone for 20min. That is a man who's made the conscious decision to shave every possible second off his morning routine in order to wake up later.

That said I do have to wonder why it takes him twenty minutes to get dressed.

I'm a fat bastard and the clothes just take longer to get on.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

And yes, I am 100% generalizing here and I am fully prepared for comments of "Well I have kids/a super positive can-do mental attitude".

I am in the @westlondonmist school. I'm a disaster in the morning so as soon as the alarm's on, I'm up and instantly trying to get out of the door. Piss / wash / dress / grab lunch / out of the door in 20 mins usually somewhere between 7am - 7.30am.

I don't even start looking at my phone until I'm walking to the train.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

7:30am - Dump and Shower. I'll have my phone here too so more fucking around on the bog.

8am - Towel, blow dry and get dressed. Accompanied by a podcast.

7:15am - After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

My day:

6:55am- alarm goes off

7:10am- actually get up. Brush teeth (I do this first to save me going back upstairs later), whore's bath (face and fanny wash), get dressed and have my first shite of the day.

7:25am- intervene inevitable argument between my two kids surrounding breakfast cereal choices.

7:30am- cycle to train station

7:48am- get train into London. Check my phone, watch The Thick Of It on tablet and/or listen to my commuter buddies talk about the BBC drama they watched last night, or Bake Off. Walk to office when arrive at Liverpool Street

8:40am- arrive at work, have breakfast at desk. Usually a nutri-grain and instant coffee or something from Eat if I'm feeling frivolous. Then start work

12:00- Lunch. Either depressing salad at my desk, or doing lunch with someone somewhere in the city. Back to work after an hour, sometimes more

16:00- pretty much stop working. Start putting together Excel spreadsheets either consisting of team formations for my son's football team, assembling my all-time Arsenal XI or compiling data for a football analysis business venture I'm totally going to start with @tiger_rickone day. He doesn't know it, yet

17:54- get train, then cycle home from the station. Spend commute checking phone again and deleting inappropriate memes sent from various Whatsapp groups throughout the day, just in case my kids use my phone later

18:45- Arrive home. Greet wife and kids and then eat dinner

19:00- spend time with kids, which usually entails trying to force information out of them about their day at school and combating sarcasm and sass directed from 8yo daughter. Play Xbox with 6yo son for a bit

19:45- put kids to bed, including a battle against their well-refined delaying tactics and telling 8yo daughter to go to sleep, who conveniently now remembers what she did at school and wants to tell us about it

20:30- sit on sofa as wife watches shite American crime drama series. Eventually huff and go to the kitchen to watch whatever football is on Sky

22:00- iron clothes for the following day whilst bath is running (TIME SAVING HOT TIP), have bath, make lunch for the next day

23:00- wife is in bed, hurrah I get the good TV! Watch something on Netflix or Sky on demand, or play Xbox. Contemplate going to bed early so I'm nice and refreshed the following morning

01:00- go to bed, after deciding against going to bed early. Probably end up looking at things on DHGate or eBay in bed until 01:30am.

• Moderators

I started reading that and I was perplexed that you didn't shower in the morning. Then I saw you were cycling and I thought, oh that's ok he'll shower when he gets to work. And then I started scrolling faster just looking for and evidence that you clean yourself. I was horrified to see that you just have a bath in the evening.

You're disgusting and I'll never look at you the same.

• Awards Moderator

I used to be a 'hit snooze once, browse phone after second alarm, get up on third alarm' but I've recently started an hour long commute so I'm now up right on the alarm because I know if I don't, I'm not getting to work.

Currently a work morning is:

5.55am - alarm off, straight to shower

6.10am - get dressed 

6.20am - breakfast, sort out recycling

6.35am - say bye to partner who is still in bed, leave flat

7am - on train, hopefully it turns up today

8.15am - arrive at work

5pm - leave work

5.15pm - train back if it’s not too delayed 

6.30pm - back in the flat

10pm - start getting stuff ready for the following morning

10.30pm - read in bed

10.45pm - GOODNIGHT

And I'm like Gus in that my body fucks me over and wakes me up at 5.30 even when I'm off.

• Paid Members
Just now, Chest Rockwell said:

I started reading that and I was perplexed that you didn't shower in the morning. Then I saw you were cycling and I thought, oh that's ok he'll shower when he gets to work. And then I started scrolling faster just looking for and evidence that you clean yourself. I was horrified to see that you just have a bath in the evening.

You're disgusting and I'll never look at you the same.

I was thinking the same, except for me it's that if I don't shower before I go to work, I feel as though I haven't actually woken up until lunchtime.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

7:15am - After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

I'm fucking serious. It's fucking over, us, this is no joke. I don't think we should see each other any more. I know that your friends are my friends and, uh... I've thought about that. You can have 'em.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

And I'm like Gus in that my body fucks me over and wakes me up at 5.30 even when I'm off.

Shit, isn't it? Mine is so ingrained that I would have to go to bed at about 3AM in order to get any extra change out of my usual wake up time of 06:50. 

• Awards Moderator
38 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

7:48am- get train into London. Check my phone, watch The Thick Of It on tablet and/or listen to my commuter buddies talk about the BBC drama they watched last night, or Bake Off. Walk to office when arrive at Liverpool Street

Strongly suspect we mooch past each other every day as this is pretty much when I get to Liv St. Although according to everyone else we should be able to smell each other because we don't live in the lah-di-dah world of all the time in the world to shower every morning. 

Archived