How does your daily routine compare to Marky Mark's?

Devon Malcolm

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

It would take a lot of financial persuasion for me to go back to public transport. I'm in control of my journey

It's the lack of control I like. Late? Not my fault. 

Mine is 1hr 10m door to door by train. I drove for years and didn't enjoy it. Much prefer sitting on the train (granted seats aren't guaranteed) and having my own time to read, work or goof around. 

Where I live is fantastic for public transport. When I worked in Manchester city centre, I wouldn't even think about driving in. But when I worked out of town, public transport would have been such a hassle and would've added over an hour to my working day. Having the driving option really opens up job options. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

If everything ran to time and you had a seat at peak hours, I would be inclined to agree with Punkstep.

Yeah this is it. I nearly always get a seat, the train I get (Stansted Express) has really nice carriages and I no longer have to worry about writing off my car which I did three times in the space of 2 1/2 years whilst working at Southend and Basildon.

That drive was fucking horrendous. Two motorways, including the shitty M11 (which as @johnnyboy mentioned is crap) and then the speed-trap haven that is the A127. Three separate big chances for a delay and quite often I'd hit an hour delay. We moan about Greater Anglia but in fairness I can count on one hand the number of times I've been delayed by 30+ minutes over the past year. People say that you're more in control of your journey when driving but I never felt that during this particular commute.

On 9/14/2018 at 11:07 AM, SpursRiot2012 said:

Eh, it's just how the game is played. I am one of the best closers there, and I don't need to make 100 calls a day to hit my targets or to generate high quality leads for our clients. But since the figures are public, and we often have new people starting, I have to set an example when it comes to stats and they will eventually work out for themselves - if they're any good - that those calls made stats are bullshit because once you've built a pipeline of warm leads, it's quite rare to *have* to make a whole bunch of cold calls to hit your targets each month.

Fucking amateurs just making a load of false outbound calls. The trick is to find a client who you know always goes to voicemail, ring them once a morning and once in the evening and rack up those sweet, sweet outbound call minutes whilst doing other 'work'. Outbound call time>outbound number of calls. S/O Tiger Time Reports

My daily routine is arse about face nowadays on the days I don't have the kids

14:00pm: Wake up. Usually have a wank, a shit, have a look at the UKFF, but not particularly in that order. I like to mix things up. I have a coffee and a fag.

15:00pm: Work on this little thing I have going with a friend who made a short film that I'm trying to sell. This could involve making lots of phone calls or just one. To be honest, it depends on how distracting Twitter is being that day.

17:00pm: I either have a nap or watch a shit film on Netflix

19:45pm: I have a shit and a shower

20:30pm: I go to work.

21:00pm: I start work.

02:00pm: Fucking 'lunch' time. Fuck off.

06:00pm: Home time. Takes me five minutes to get home where I eat a shit load of crap in bed whilst watching Its Always Sunny while I fall asleep.

Repeat ad nauseum. I am constantly knackered.

• 9 months later...