Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Polish Dad said:

I don't think it's that unreasonable, considering you can use Messenger to make calls. I currently work in non-wrestling events and I use messenger for everything instead of giving my number out. It allows me to screen messages/calls and keep a better separation between my work & my home life. Plus my house doesn't get mobile signal but I have WiFi, so it's generally more reliable for contact with me.

Maybe. As said, I'm not judging as it's not me. Completely normal for me to gather phone numbers both at work and running a football club. I'll be honest, I fucking hate the phone, much prefer messages but still find a phone number to send text/WhatsApp is the best method.

55 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I've used every method of communicating with clients and in-house employees with the grand exception of using a phone. Refusing to give someone your private number, especially when there are numerous other options available, is totally understandable.

Perhaps. But if you're self employed, I would think having a number is very important. I don't know if this lass has had a bad experience or is just ultra-cautious but it does seem slightly odd to me coming at it just from the POV of someone who deals with a volunteer workforce. The guy's reaction probably suggests she wasn't wrong, like.

55 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

And I'm very sure that the promoter of *checks notes* Broken Ring Wrestling has an industry standard security system in place to keep those phone numbers safe, and is not just pasting them into a notepad document.

I think that's irrelevent, personally. This wasn't about data protection, it's just a young woman who'd prefer to keep her number private. As said, I'd expect her to have an alternative number in that case but maybe just old school.

3 hours ago, Polish Dad said:

I don't think it's that unreasonable, considering you can use Messenger to make calls. I currently work in non-wrestling events and I use messenger for everything instead of giving my number out. It allows me to screen messages/calls and keep a better separation between my work & my home life. Plus my house doesn't get mobile signal but I have WiFi, so it's generally more reliable for contact with me.

What if the net/services are down, live in a lesser covered area? Its at least a good alternative.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Seratonin said:

What if the net/services are down, live in a lesser covered area? Its at least a good alternative.

It's not 1999. She's not having to dial up Freeserve 78 times just so she can check her emails.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Seratonin said:

Dial-up on a phone?  

Bit early for you hitting Wetherspoons. 

I've never touched a drop, but the shock of you going two posts in a row without moaning about AEW might drive me to the bottle.

It wasn't so much as him asking for her number, it was that she said no but here are the ways to contact me, but he carried on insisting on her number.  I mean the whole "If you've been in an accident" bollocks, yeah alright I don't need your next of kins number to tell them, I need yours to ring to and let you know that you're hurt.

The fucker was a few steps removed from sitting outside her house in his car, eating chocolates that he bought for her.