Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

That's far more the case in Super Dragon's variant, which feels a lot more indicative of that kind of assault - in Rollins' case, I just wish he'd called it something different.

Do they still actually call it the Curb Stomp? I have it in my head that the last time I bothered watching a Seth Rollins match, Michael Cole just called it a "Stomp".

I'm fairly sure that Joe E. Legend was the first to do Rollins' variant, and alleges that Rollins asked him permission to use it, and whenever I've worked with Joe he's just called it a "Boot Fame-Asser", rather than actually giving it a real name.

1 minute ago, Wrasslin said:

So because racists have done it that makes it racist?

The term is pretty widely associated with Neo-Nazi violence in general, and American History X in particular. It's not like "a racist did a chokeslam once", or that the move existed somewhere in the ether outside of that context, Rollins and others have given the move the name "curb stomp" after it had that connotation. 

Edited by BomberPat

35 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

That's far more the case in Super Dragon's variant, which feels a lot more indicative of that kind of assault - in Rollins' case, I just wish he'd called it something different.

Do they still actually call it the Curb Stomp? I have it in my head that the last time I bothered watching a Seth Rollins match, Michael Cole just called it a "Stomp".

I'm fairly sure that Joe E. Legend was the first to do Rollins' variant, and alleges that Rollins asked him permission to use it, and whenever I've worked with Joe he's just called it a "Boot Fame-Asser", rather than actually giving it a real name.

The term is pretty widely associated with Neo-Nazi violence in general, and American History X in particular. It's not like "a racist did a chokeslam once", or that the move existed somewhere in the ether outside of that context, Rollins and others have given the move the name "curb stomp" after it had that connotation. 

For the record: All of the above.

Edited by Whistling Skull

2 hours ago, Whistling Skull said:

See, that would be fine. I do have a low tolerance for the guy. Anyone that knowingly dates Nazi-sympathizers get's a side-eye for life, from me.

...plus he pissed on Kofi's Peeps, that one time in the shower. So weird.

Who's dating a Nazi sympathiser? I feel like I've missed a lot.

10 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

Who's dating a Nazi sympathiser? I feel like I've missed a lot.

Rollins was caught out with an NXT dev lass, who had a bunch of Nazi themed 'My Little Pony' stuff on her insta.

It's the lass he sent the dick pics to. The same girl later started dating Sonia Deville. Dunno if she still is.

Edited by BrodyGraham