Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

It’s in relation I believe to this statement. Which I think is a combination of real issues as well as some complete ignorance on her part as well.

but let’s be honest, she was pretty crap. When she got pushed she looked poor in the ring and they have some great talent. I don’t think there is a winner here tbh.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

but let’s be honest, she was pretty crap. When she got pushed she looked poor in the ring and they have some great talent. I don’t think there is a winner here tbh.

I think the woman who they offered a deal to and refused due to diversity issues is probably the winner here. "Can you re-sign" "No, your company doesnt handle POC well." "OH she was shit anyway, we have loads of them" makes him look like a muppet.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I think the woman who they offered a deal to and refused due to diversity issues is probably the winner here. "Can you re-sign" "No, your company doesnt handle POC well." "OH she was shit anyway, we have loads of them" makes him look like a muppet.

One looks like a massive loser, but I don’t think Swole looks good here either. Is there a POC issue? Certainly in terms of World Champions. But plenty of Asian and Latinx wrestlers get TV time or titles. Which is why I’m not discounting her comments at the top, but some are silly later on.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Chris B said:

If Trump was a wrestling promoter, that's the response he would have given. The exact response. 

Naaa, he didn’t try and get people to physically attack her. It’s Trump Lite if anything.

But him saying publicly her wrestling isn’t good enough is a completely prick move. Is it true, I think so. But as the owner of the company you don’t fucking state that publicly at all. Complete dick move and he should apologise for it. 

• Paid Members

It casts a shadow over the final of the 'tBS title tournament now as well. If Jade Cargill wins is it so TK can try and throw it back in Swole's face? Conversely if Ruby walks away with the title it gives people ammo on the other side. It'll also be interesting to see how the roster responds.

Either way he definitely should be hiring somebody to vet his tweets before he sends them out. That isn't the way to respond to those criticisms, especially not with a cheeky plug for your show at the end. What was wrong with "I see your point, we're trying". 

I don’t think either side looks good here. Tony didn’t need to defend it with a tweet, never mind one that’s like that, and it seems Swole is taking unwarranted shots as she wasn’t renewed. There’s no one on their roster, or who have been available to be signed and they have passed on, who should have been the black world champion in AEW from what I have seen. But I haven’t watched any shows and considered them whitewashed, and any of the stories they have for women always seem respectful. 

but then Sammy & Tay have announced they are dating after two weeks ago denying it, so wrestling twitter will move on quick as it always does 

Edited by Louch

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It casts a shadow over the final of the 'tBS title tournament now as well. If Jade Cargill wins is it so TK can try and throw it back in Swole's face? Conversely if Ruby walks away with the title it gives people ammo on the other side. It'll also be interesting to see how the roster responds.

It absolutely does. Jade wins and he's just saving face with a token win. Ruby wins and it will be seen as justifying Swole's take on black wrestlers not getting the top spots.

• Paid Members

It seems to have created some wild ripple through the locker room too where people actually doing well there like Powerhouse Hobbs and Jade Cargill have came forward to defend him but jobbers and lower carders like Darius Lockheart and Lio Rush are losing their shit. Which despite the massive unprofessionalism on his part does seem to back him up.
As has been said though it’ll definitely get binned off as attitude problems from them because Lio Rush has a previous history of being outspoken and not well liked and I’m sure Darius Lockheart once had to apologise for saying Ricky Starks and Dante Martin weren’t “black enough”.

Ricky Starks just outright deleted his Twitter.

2 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

It seems to have created some wild ripple through the locker room too where people actually doing well there like Powerhouse Hobbs and Jade Cargill have came forward to defend him but jobbers and lower carders like Darius Lockheart and Lio Rush are losing their shit. Which despite the massive unprofessionalism on his part does seem to back him up.
As has been said though it’ll definitely get binned off as attitude problems from them because Lio Rush has a previous history of being outspoken and not well liked and I’m sure Darius Lockheart once had to apologise for saying Ricky Starks and Dante Martin weren’t “black enough”.

Ricky Starks just outright deleted his Twitter.

As part of Darius Lockhart's overall thread he has mentioned the colourism side of the argument with this. Where a lot of the POC used to defend AEW's diversity would be often regarded as white passing.

• Paid Members

That for me is a worse take than Tony Khan’s because pardon my ignorance but I would assume “white passing” refers to people like The Rock who aren’t exclusively or predominantly thought of as black. How does that apply to the likes of Jade Cargill, Will Hobbs, or even others that are featured high up the card or constantly on TV like Red Velvet, Brandi Rhodes, Private Party, etc.

It comes across as very bitter which doesn’t help validate the point he’s trying to make.