Who wins and how?   

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

They’ve started releasing the less manic bits of the press conference on social media.

I’d actually forgotten about the bit where Conor goes a little too hard on the idea that he’s disgusted at the thought of being considered a man who would send Twitter messages to other men.

”DO I LOOK LIKE A BLOKE WHO MESSAGES OTHER BLOKES?!”

In the realm of homophobia, I guess it’s better than just outright calling someone a faggot, so at least he’s making some progress.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, David said:

Having seen him in that video I'm not so sure now to be honest. It could just be that he's insane.

Interesting to hear him talk about expansion as far as the weight divisions go.

I never bought into the whole coke thing at the press event, to be honest. In the video from today he comes across as anything but insane. Looks to me like he's very carefully thought through his next moves. I thought his comment about people wanting more "comedy roast" was interesting - shows a clear awareness of the character he plays when at press events etc. That comment adds weight to the view that his performance at the press event a couple of weeks ago was exactly that ... a performance. A misjudged and poorly executed one, perhaps, but not the result of two or three lines in the limo before making an entrance.

He clearly has an emotional investment in the Khabib fight though; one like we haven't seen from him before. Will be very interesting to see how he comes over in the Ariel interview.

24 minutes ago, Chunk said:

I never bought into the whole coke thing at the press event, to be honest. In the video from today he comes across as anything but insane. Looks to me like he's very carefully thought through his next moves. I thought his comment about people wanting more "comedy roast" was interesting - shows a clear awareness of the character he plays when at press events etc. That comment adds weight to the view that his performance at the press event a couple of weeks ago was exactly that ... a performance. A misjudged and poorly executed one, perhaps, but not the result of two or three lines in the limo before making an entrance.

He clearly has an emotional investment in the Khabib fight though; one like we haven't seen from him before. Will be very interesting to see how he comes over in the Ariel interview.

If his dubious offensive chat isn't just the ramblings of a mentalcase who could do with a bit of education and is actually part of a thought out "character" that he plans in advance then he's more of a bell end than I previously thought.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, David said:

If his dubious offensive chat isn't just the ramblings of a mentalcase who could do with a bit of education and is actually part of a thought out "character" that he plans in advance then he's more of a bell end than I previously thought.

He was offensive in that Mac Life video?

2 minutes ago, Chunk said:

He was offensive in that Mac Life video?

In general, throughout various promos and pressers over the years. He referred to Khabib as a "backwards cunt" when he said he wouldn't take his offer of alcohol due to his religion.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, David said:

In general, throughout various promos and pressers over the years. He referred to Khabib as a "backwards cunt" when he said he wouldn't take his offer of alcohol due to his religion.

Right, I'm with you. So you're saying that the Mac Life video from today makes you now think he's insane rather than on coke - not for the way he came over in the video today but because the video from today changes your opinion of what he's done in the past.

Cool.

So we're of the same opinion on that Mac Life video then - he comes over as lucid, considered and like he's planning his next steps carefully.

Archived