Who wins and how?   

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Chunk said:

Right, I'm with you. So you're saying that the Mac Life video from today makes you now think he's insane rather than on coke - not for the way he came over in the video today but because the video from today changes your opinion of what he's done in the past.

Cool.

So we're of the same opinion on that Mac Life video then - he comes over as lucid, considered and like he's planning his next steps carefully.

He still looks a bit....weird. Jerky movements, facial twitches as well. He's certainly nowhere near as smooth a talker and operator as he was a few years back, for whatever reason.

I have next to no doubt that drugs have played a part during his down time, but the effects they've had on him now I don't know. 

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Just now, David said:

He still looks a bit....weird. Jerky movements, facial twitches as well. He's certainly nowhere near as smooth a talker and operator as he was a few years back, for whatever reason.

I have next to no doubt that drugs have played a part during his down time, but the effects they've had on him now I don't know. 

Interesting. I think I agreed with you more about that at the press conference. I don't see that in the video from today at all, to be honest.

He clearly seems to be emotionally attached / invested in this fight in a way we've never seen before, though. It'll be interesting to see if that helps or hinders his performance on the night!

Not sure how many folk are following this channel, but it's like a UFC Embedded from Khabib's side of things...

I also thought this story from Chael was quite interesting. I know, it's Chael, right? But it's not the kind of thing he'd usually bullshit about, and it's been verified by other sources apparently...

• Paid Members

Yeah, I was embarrassed on their behalf. Fucking wallys. 

Still doesn't feel like we're just days away from this one. It's always like this for me though. It doesn't really properly kick in until the Wednesday or Thursday of fight week when you start seeing the fight week press conferences, the interviews, the open workouts and all that bollocks. Then by the weigh in I'm beside myself with anticipation. I've got the house to myself for a few hours on Friday, which is rare these days, so I think I'll hold off on watching too much until then and then I'll try to get as much build up stuff down me as possible on Friday before the weigh in. 

McGregor is looking big in the bits and pieces I've seen. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing. One the one hand him going for size, strength and power makes sense. I get his logic if that's what he's doing because, let's face it, he needs a knockout here. He's not likely winning a decision. So going for power makes some sense. But I don't know. I don't like him bigger. I think it hinders his speed and movement a bit. And it can't help his cardio, which isn't the best to begin with. 

• Paid Members

I also think he's trying to get bigger because Khabib is apparently near 200lbs come fight night, so Conor is looking for the size when it comes to the grappling. I agree, though, given Conor's cardio issues, you wonder how that size impacts him.

It will be interesting to see what Conor you'll get with his focus being mainly on training, rather than that brutal press grind he's been on in the past. He's said over the past few days how miserable he was doing it all - which is surprising considering how good he is at it. All Conor has had to focus on is working hard, no bollocks.

• Paid Members

Just chucking these in here if some haven't seen them. The build has just been super weird and non existant at times but I'm slowly growing in excitement for the weekend binging on some of this stuff.

Never really a fan of Schaub but I tended to agree with him when talking to Joe. A dawg fight! 

1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

I also think he's trying to get bigger because Khabib is apparently near 200lbs come fight night, so Conor is looking for the size when it comes to the grappling.

Yeah, I'm sure I mentioned that previously. It's the one thing people tend to sleep on with Khabib for some reason. The dude is a legit big lightweight.

Listening to JRE MMA Show with Schaub.  Good listen so far - they starting about the fight around 50 mins in.  They mentioned Khabib started camp around 180-something this time around. 

Just having a look at the odds. 

20/1 for Conor to end it within 60 seconds...Anyone having a piece of that? 

Archived