Who wins and how?   

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I forgot what a brilliant card this is because of the main event. 

Ferguson v Pettis is intriguing. I really like both fighters, but I think I'll always be Team Pettis no matter the opponent. Going on his recent record, Pettis should really be seen to by a fighter that's not lost a game of Subbuteo in over 5 years, but Ferguson has obviously come back after that massive knee surgery. I do think a fit Ferguson sees to everyone in the division.

Beneath that they've also gone and booked Lewis v Volkov (who's undefeated in the UFC). You can see Lewis getting a crack at the title next year if he torches Volkov.

• Paid Members

Ferguson vs Pettis might be one of the most slept on fights of the year for my money, and it's all because it's on this card in the shadow of Khabib vs McGregor. It's a brilliant fight though. Especially if Pettis is loose like he was against Chiesa last time out. That was easily the best he's looked since the Gil Melendez win back in 2014. And with Fergie coming back off knee surgery, the timing makes it more interesting. Both fully fit and firing on all cylinders I'd favour Ferguson, but you only get so many injuries like his and keep bouncing back before it really starts fucking with you results and form wise. It also kind of feels like Ferguson's coming back very quick considering. Wasn't the initial talk that his injury was bad enough that it would see him shelved until next year? And here he is back in a full training camp 4/5 months later. 

Still leaning towards Ferguson but there's a little doubt in the back of my mind that Pettis might just be catching him at the perfect time. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, ages he was supposed to be out for.

IIRC, Ferguson got clearance from his doctor to run on it 14 weeks after that mad surgery he had. Tony, a day or two after, hilariously was posting videos of him throwing knees at pads, which I assume were old videos but it's Tony.

• Paid Members

Bucket of salt obviously because it's Eddie 'Flat Earther' Bravo but he was saying recently on Rogan's podcast that Tony is looking better than ever, he's cut out alcohol completely and he's laser sharp dedicated like never before. Eddie's going to say that of course, Tony's his boy. But there's got to be a bit of a sense of urgency for Ferguson you'd imagine. He seems to be at his absolute peak, he's knocking right on the door of a title shot and he's in the same division as McGregor and the big payday that comes with that fight. He's within spitting distance of getting everything a fighter wants in their career. The money, the titles, the legacy, the accolades. And Anthony Pettis stands in the way of that. But is that why Ferguson's coming back so soon? I can't help feeling like he might've rushed his return because it's all there waiting for him. I get that if that's the case because if you sit on the bench too long, a division as deep as 155 will move on fast. But if he has rushed his recovery it could also blow up in his face.

Hopefully he's genuinely good to go. I find him really cringey and irritating but he's undeniably a tremendous fighter and he's absolutely grafted his bollocks off to get to the position he's in now. It'd be a shame if injuries robbed him of those big paydays and title shots and it'll be a travesty if we don't eventually see Tony vs Khabib or Tony vs Conor. 

On 9/21/2018 at 8:38 AM, WeeAl said:

I thought Khabib came out of that looking way more comfortable and relaxed than Conor, and also that he had the most effective comment or retort of the press conference as well. When McGregor was banging on about his clan fighting the English for 100 years, Khabib's decision to ask him about what language he speaks, worked better than any of the insults McGregor threw at him. If Conor could have turned it around and actually spoke Ghaeilge to him, it would have been an utter win for McGregor. He couldn't though, and he seemed like he didn't expect it. 

Hang on.

He did.

He said something to the effect of ‘did you take a shit on the bus?’ in Gaelic and laughed about with Dana.

Suggests he either speaks it fluently, or predicted Khabib’s line of attack well in advance and prepared a response.

• Paid Members

Late to this, but ...

I'm not sure I'm on-board with all the coke stuff. Someone else has said this already but surely Mcgregor would have to be a new level of dumb to risk showing up on stage high on coke. Given all the legal shit around him at the moment and the higher profile of drug testing, surely it would just be too much to risk. I understand this is the same person that chucked a trolley at a bus but I just can't see him making that mistake. What would he do? Sneak it into the venue and do it before going on stage? Do a few lines in his limo and then run into the arena?

I saw a bloke with a few Proper Tweleves in him that seemed rattled. All the talk has been about him trying to get to Khabib, but that was the most emotionally charged version of Conor that I think we've seen. He clearly seems to have some genuine dislike for Khabib and it came over as the build of that being released - at least to me. I totally agree he seemed different and he seemed out of control but not through coke; through alcohol and emotion.

53 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

image.jpg

See, that's the kind of comparison a prime McG would have made, and we'd all have been chuckling like fuck along with him.

Khabib all confused and shit, "who is this Eddie Monster you speak of? This is number 1 bullshit!"

Archived