RIP Jim Neidhart

The Reverend

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Often overlooked due to Bret's later success, but more than carried his weight in the Hart Foundation. Tonnes of energy, brute force, and a fine example of the powerhouse backing up the technician. Could also talk and I loved his laugh.

Its sad that substance abuse seemingly caught up with him, but what a character.

RIP Anvil

Hart-Foundation1.jpg

Who?

I await Lance Storm's eulogy about how he didn't know him.  

I loved Anvil when I first watched wrestling.  Thought he was the powerhouse to Bret's speedy guy.  I also thought Anvil would win in a fight between them as he looked well hard.  Even that video of him panting like a dog can't take away how nails he looked.  May his T-Shirt get changed now, sleep well sweet prince.

• Paid Members

Chris Nowinski said Jim had Alzheimers. Saw a video from his mates instagram about a year ago and he was like "this is my friend Jim, pro wrestler. What was your favourite match?" and Jim replied "WrestleMania 7, 20 foot high steel cage against Dick the Bruiser and Andre the Giant. Andre threw me off the top onto the floor."

Loved the Anvil, though. what a specimen of a man. The beard, the big barrel physique, the cackling laugh. People call him the weak member of the Hart Foundation, but would have gimmick have gotten over without Jim's size and power and 1980s charisma? In that era, Bret needed him badly.

• Paid Members

Bret was always my guy but I loved Anvil equally in the Hart Foundation and always wanted more for him than he got. He had a great, unique look. That fantastic laugh. Delivered his little part of the promo well.

That match he had in the UK Rampage opener is a guilty pleasure of mine. I loved seeing him as a solo and thought he could have been something as a babyface in the midcard. Can't say the same for his run as a commentator!

Was chuffed to see him in 1994 and 1997. He was done as a worker but an important part of Owen's heel run and a good looking bodyguard type for the HF stable. Shame how his life has gone since.

RIP.

Without Anvil, Bret would have never been the success he became so I always thought Anvil was pretty underrated. Hart Foundation were a superb team and will go down to me personally as one of the greatest tag teams of all time. I always rank the match against Demolition SS 1990 as one of the best tag matches you'll ever see!

RIP Anvil!

• Awards Moderator

I might be the only person who liked Anvil more than Hitman. I was always a sucker for the powerhouse. 

There was an art project at school. I drew several pictures of Neidhart because he looked so interesting, with the crop cut and spiked beard. My teacher loved it. Thanks for the grades Jim! 

Archived