WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

wordsfromlee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator
21 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Really liking Eddie Dennis as an unintentional comedy character 

He desperately needs new gear, he looks like Alex Shane’s skinny brother at the moment.

Ripley and Storm were the highlights of these two episodes. Liked Andrews’ match with Wild Boar a lot but it kind of highlighted just how small a lot of these guys are. Andrews hit a moonsault dive at one point and he’s so light he kind of just bounced off Hitchman who barely looked like he felt it!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

I'm heading to the show on Sunday but haven't had the time to see a single episode of NXT UK yet. Am I missing much?

Nothing major, but you haven’t missed anything bad either, all episodes have been decent. The show is still finding its feet and establishing guys, so you’ve got Wolfgang and The Coffeys as heel trio, they’ve just put Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster together as a pair and of course you’ve got Trent Seven and Tyler Bate working together and Pete Dunne continues to put on very good matches. They’ve got a guy called Sid Scala working the Mike Whipwreack-style ‘loveable loser’ gimmick which will get a great pop when he actually beats someone, and they’re building Dave Mastiff in the unstoppable monster role quite well

Theyve already made mention of the Tag Titles on the show, so the announcement could be that they’re starting that tournament at these tapings, or it could be for a Takeover-style event.

Theyll soon be going back to just airing one episode per week too. It was meant to start earlier in the year, but got delayed for whatever reason, so they’ve been doing double episodes as a way of catching up to we’re they should be

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Curious question, and an answer I’ve not seen referred to anywhere yet. Who is the Head Writer of the shows?

If there is such a thing as an ‘NXT formula’ these U.K. shows appear to stick to it, but I imagine whoever it is would be U.K-based?

I doubt Triple H isn’t the overseer and sets the pace/direction. 

16 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Whose actually booking these shows? I know Jim Smallman is involved, but is he writing it on his own and HHH signing off on it? Or are others involved?

1 hour ago, uklaw said:

Curious question, and an answer I’ve not seen referred to anywhere yet. Who is the Head Writer of the shows?

If there is such a thing as an ‘NXT formula’ these U.K. shows appear to stick to it, but I imagine whoever it is would be U.K-based?

I doubt Triple H isn’t the overseer and sets the pace/direction. 

ECHO, Echo, echo....