Pope Ted

Gus Mears

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Paul Whitehouse was also in Death Of Stalin. He's had a pretty great year actually.

I always forget who else was in it that because Jason Isaacs just stole the whole show.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I'm still working on my production- 'Posse: A Scooter Musical'. I'm not gonna lie, trying to shoehorn songs such as How Much Is The Fish and Fuck The Millennium into my story is proving to be rather tricky.

It's going to be bloody excellent though, a million times better than We Will Rock You and Mama Mia.

I legit hope you actually do this now. If you open in May/June time, you need to kick off with the lights dimmed before projection of a beach, waves (something along those lines) appears on the curtain or a backwall. Then a voice bellows -

“Party people!! 

The sky has changed! Can you smell the sun?

It’s time for the most exciting season...

It’s time for summer! An endless summmeeeeeeeerr!!”

Spotlight on a man playing the paino solo portion of the intro. 

HARDCORE.

Lights up. Tons of people raving on stage. 

You can have that one. 

2 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Musical adaptations of everything under the sun are pony, then jukebox musicals are the next shit step down after that (unless really, really, well done).  However, legit musicals either on stage or on screen can be top drawer.

The musical adaption of little shop of horrors is one of the best stage musicals ever.

• Awards Moderator
9 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Fair point.  I did mean the more recent trend of <insert IP here>: The Musical which seem to pop up on short runs to fill a theatre for a festive period.  It is partly my fault as I will buy tickets to Elf: The Musical and the like.  Sorry.

One of the oddest ones I’ve spotted recently is King Kong: The Musical which is on Broadway at the moment. Unless the giant gorilla puppet they’ve built does a song at one point, I’m not interested.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Musical adaptations of everything under the sun are pony, then jukebox musicals are the next shit step down after that (unless really, really, well done).  However, legit musicals either on stage or on screen can be top drawer.

All musicals. No exceptions.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The quicker everyone realises that musicals are the worst thing of all time, the better we will all be.

There are always exceptions but this is a pretty good rule in general. My exceptions would be The Producers and Hamilton but after that you can fack off. If it was written/stolen by that massive bell end Andrew Lloyd Webber then you can double fack off. 

Archived